Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Hi all,

Just did my first send/purchase of a Gift App to my niece. This is regarding the iOS App Store (not iTunes), and did so by using the gifting option on my iPod Touch (I'm always updated to the latest iOS version).

So I "sent" the gift app (a game she wanted), and App Store confirmed that I had "purchased" it on my end. 20 minutes later I ask her if she had received confirmation of the gift through her email address. Nope. I double checked that I sent it to her email address. Yes, it was sent to the right address (her only email address, which is obviously her Apple ID for App Store).

Is this Gifting thing near-instantaneous like when you purchase an app you can download it right away? Or is there some lag time between sending and receiving a gifted app? Does it take a few hours before she receives it on her end?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi all,

Just did my first send/purchase of a Gift App to my niece. This is regarding the iOS App Store (not iTunes), and did so by using the gifting option on my iPod Touch (I'm always updated to the latest iOS version).

So I "sent" the gift app (a game she wanted), and App Store confirmed that I had "purchased" it on my end. 20 minutes later I ask her if she had received confirmation of the gift through her email address. Nope. I double checked that I sent it to her email address. Yes, it was sent to the right address (her only email address, which is obviously her Apple ID for App Store).

Is this Gifting thing near-instantaneous like when you purchase an app you can download it right away? Or is there some lag time between sending and receiving a gifted app? Does it take a few hours before she receives it on her end?

Took over an hour the last time I gifted an app to my sister.

If you don't do the email option, and just get the code to print off, as if to give to her in a physical printed out fold up card. Instantaneous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.