Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AugustusRomanus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
Hello all, I am thinking about purchasing a Radeon 5770 for my Mac Pro, but I'm confused as to if the drivers are included with 10.8. Would I need to downgrade to 10.6 (as that is when the drivers were released) to receive the drivers I need?

Thanks!

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
Hello all, I am thinking about purchasing a Radeon 5770 for my Mac Pro, but I'm confused as to if the drivers are included with 10.8. Would I need to downgrade to 10.6 (as that is when the drivers were released) to receive the drivers I need?

Thanks!
The Apple website claims that these cards are compatible with 10.6.4 and later, so you should be fine. It doesn't make much sense to force a user to install 10.6 and then upgrade to 10.8 (nor have I heard of any cases of it happening), so 10.8 has the necessary drivers.

AugustusRomanus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
The Apple website claims that these cards are compatible with 10.6.4 and later, so you should be fine. It doesn't make much sense to force a user to install 10.6 and then upgrade to 10.8 (nor have I heard of any cases of it happening), so 10.8 has the necessary drivers.

Alright, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.