PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X installation error

fsalvio
Mar 31, 2013, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro (Mid 2010).
I've tried to install the Mac OS X Mountain Lion after formatting the disk using the disk utility and the following error had occurred:

An error has occurred during the installation of Mac OS X
Try to re-install

I also tried to install Mac OS X Lion in the original HDD and after replacing by a larger one and the same issue has happen.

I am getting very frustrated... Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

musiccitymac
Mar 31, 2013, 10:38 PM
Shut down.

Unplug. Let sit for a few minutes or better yet, overnight.

Re plug in. Reboot. Try to install again.

One thing I've learned is that I should restart my Mac more often even though I very very rarely have issues.

MrMacMack
Apr 1, 2013, 08:26 AM
Boot into recovery, load utilities and launch disk utility. Erase and repartition the drive, and then reinstall. All should be well after that.

stchman
Apr 1, 2013, 04:45 PM
How are you installing ML? I would get an 8GB flash drive and create a ML install USB.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/25/create-a-bootable-mountain-lion-usb-key-installer/

After making a ML installer, you hold the Option key while booting and select the USB key. I would selct Disk Utility and wipe the partition and then reinstall.

fsalvio
Apr 1, 2013, 05:25 PM
Thank you all for the feedback but the problem persists.

I've erased and re-partitioned my drive before installing (hfs+ journaled). Then, tried to install ML using a 8Gb flash drive and nothing occurred.

I re-did the first step and tried to install Lion using a DVD and another time nothing happened.

I really don't what to do. I don't believe that my Mac OS X sources, both Lion and ML are corrupted because I arrive to install it in my iMac today.

More tips?