PDA

View Full Version : missing stdio.h

ltz47
Oct 21, 2005, 08:02 PM
I am trying to learn to program in 'c'.
Downloaded xcode development tools, installed those along with gcc compiler 3.3 and 4.0
When I try to compile a program that includes the statement #include <stdio.h> I get an error message, that it cannot find the file.
Using terminal, and searching around, I navigated to /usr/include/gcc/darwin - there are 3 directories, 3.3, 3.3-fast, 4.0.
These directories include various .h files such as stdint.h, etc. but no stdio.h - can anyone suggest what I should do next?
Thanks!

teh_pwnerer
Oct 22, 2005, 02:51 AM
ltz47,
Doesn't sound like the dev tools installed properly.. There should definately be C library header files in /usr/include.

Whyren
Oct 22, 2005, 02:37 PM
I am trying to learn to program in 'c'.
Downloaded xcode development tools, installed those along with gcc compiler 3.3 and 4.0
When I try to compile a program that includes the statement #include <stdio.h> I get an error message, that it cannot find the file.
Using terminal, and searching around, I navigated to /usr/include/gcc/darwin - there are 3 directories, 3.3, 3.3-fast, 4.0.
These directories include various .h files such as stdint.h, etc. but no stdio.h - can anyone suggest what I should do next?
Thanks!

Is that file in /usr/include/ ?. That's where the file would be, not in /usr/include/gcc/darwin/.... What kind of project are you trying to build in? Standard tool, or something else?

ltz47
Oct 25, 2005, 04:53 PM
The file was not anywhere on the disk but I then installed several other development tools including bsdsdk and x11sdk and one of those had the file.
Thanks.