Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhb1899

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Hello all!
I just bought myself a brand new 4th gen. Ipod from the apple store for a very good price (I didn't want the video Ipod), so I'm pleased as punch. However, like the Ipod newbie that I am (this is my first :eek: ), I set it down on a table while it was charging and when I picked it up...HOLY MOTHER LOAD of scratches! Oh well, I'm not too heart broken, but I was wondering where would be a good place to pick up a case for it?
I'm nowhere NEAR the apple store that I bought it from (the nearest is an hour and a half away...and I'm not willing to drive there just for a case) so does anyone know of any general stores (ie: target, walmart...etc) that sell cases/skins for the ipods? What about those Ipod socks...where do you get those?
Thanks for any input!
:D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
rhb1899 said:
Hello all!
I just bought myself a brand new 4th gen. Ipod from the apple store for a very good price (I didn't want the video Ipod), so I'm pleased as punch. However, like the Ipod newbie that I am (this is my first :eek: ), I set it down on a table while it was charging and when I picked it up...HOLY MOTHER LOAD of scratches! Oh well, I'm not too heart broken, but I was wondering where would be a good place to pick up a case for it?
I'm nowhere NEAR the apple store that I bought it from (the nearest is an hour and a half away...and I'm not willing to drive there just for a case) so does anyone know of any general stores (ie: target, walmart...etc) that sell cases/skins for the ipods? What about those Ipod socks...where do you get those?
Thanks for any input!

I don't think there are any major department stores left that DON'T sell iPod cases. The 5G's haven't been out long enough for them to restock with cases specific to the new model so I'd go and check them out.

applerocks

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2005
Chundles said:
I don't think there are any major department stores left that DON'T sell iPod cases. The 5G's haven't been out long enough for them to restock with cases specific to the new model so I'd go and check them out.

Yeah.

I have only seen the iPod socks at the apple store.

If you want a great overview of cases, considering there are many, you may want to check out http://www.ilounge.com

applerocks

rhb1899

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
thanks for the suggestions!
that website is great...
now i just have to figure out how to get my computer to let me "eject" the Ipod. It won't let me but I KNOW that it's done updating...
*growls*
I want to sleep.
N E way, thanks for the suggestions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.