Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomGeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
Hi,

I'm running in some problems with SSL certificates...

One thing is Adium: I try to use SASL to connect to freenode.net to get a proper registration done. Some of the channels I'm reading can't connect me as registered user. So I switched on the option to use SSL for connecting to the irc server, which also should set SASL into gear... Adium cannot connect to the server.
Why is this working out of the box in any of my Linux distributions and I have to make a hand stand on the Mac?

The other thing is Python: I would like to use pip to install modules but it cannot resolve the problems with SSL certificates.

After quite a while searching the net I figured that I most likely have to get CA-Certificate installed. However, I have no clue where to find them. I cannot even say if I already have them. The keychain access tool doesn't give me the idea, baseline there are a lot of certificates.

I would really appreciate help in this matter, because it is a pain in the lower end to type the error messages from the terminal into Pidgin on Linux.

Cheers Thomas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.