PDA

View Full Version : tough as a g5 baby

revisionA
Oct 22, 2005, 10:31 AM
Last year during september, my boss and i hauled all of the office computers to the other coast of florida to avoid a hurricane.

I also literally tossed my g5 tower into the trunk. There is a tiny nick in the case, but it being in the trunk over speed bumps and a trip from ft. lauderdale to port ritchie and back, had zero affect on it.

So, can I just get a wireless rig for it and use it live for music? I mean, if it can handle being the trunk... why not on stage?

I use an old single cable ADC 15 lcd with it, so with so few cables, I could set up in around 3 minutes being really carefully.

Any musicians with feedback?

$

Dreadnought
Oct 22, 2005, 04:45 PM
I always take it with me when I go gaming with friends. I put in my convertable with only a blanket over it. No problems here! And it isn't in the trunk, because it doesn't fit in the trunk (small convertable (Fiat Barchetta))... I just have it behind the front seat, and on the seat I have my 20" Apple Multiple Scan display (I know, time to buy a 23" ACD).

But for that kind of work, I would go with a laptop.

Demon Hunter
Oct 22, 2005, 05:24 PM
Well it has handles for a reason I suppose. :)

jsw
Oct 22, 2005, 05:31 PM
Well it has handles for a reason I suppose. :)
Those handles are the work of Satan. ;) The PM G5 is the only Mac I've ever needed thick leather gloves to lift... well, not really, but the blood from my sliced-by-the-handles fingers has mucked up the case a bit. ;)

OutThere
Oct 22, 2005, 06:19 PM
Those handles are the work of Satan. ;) The PM G5 is the only Mac I've ever needed thick leather gloves to lift... well, not really, but the blood from my sliced-by-the-handles fingers has mucked up the case a bit. ;)

Ugh...switching out graphics cards in G5s and lugging them around left me with many cuts and nicks, and several of those nerve-wrenching feelings when you scrape off the natural coating on your fingernails. :eek: The handles are nothing compared to the MDD G4's, which, IMO, had the best handles to date. (Barring the iMac G4's 'stalk'). :cool:

Dreadnought
Oct 23, 2005, 04:20 AM
Nope, the G3 B&W has! :D