PDA

View Full Version : Apple Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse need to be paired (again) at every boot up

iDutchman
Apr 2, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hi all,

I have this issue that seems to be apparent between all of my PowerPC Macs. I have an iMac G4 and iMac G5 with an external USB Bluetooth Dongle. This works just fine and was recognized by the Mac instantly (I can pair my wireless apple keyboards and mighty mouses - running 10.5.8).

However, every time I reboot the computers, I need to re-pair the bluetooth devices since they just won't connect. I have to go through the whole process. When it works, it works like a charm and even after sleep/waking up.

But when the iMac G4/G5 is turned off and turned on the next day or whatever, I need to go through the hassle of re-paring and using a USB might mouse for the process.

Why is that? Is there a solution?

CptSky
Apr 2, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hi all,

I have this issue that seems to be apparent between all of my PowerPC Macs. I have an iMac G4 and iMac G5 with an external USB Bluetooth Dongle. This works just fine and was recognized by the Mac instantly (I can pair my wireless apple keyboards and mighty mouses - running 10.5.8).

However, every time I reboot the computers, I need to re-pair the bluetooth devices since they just won't connect. I have to go through the whole process. When it works, it works like a charm and even after sleep/waking up.

But when the iMac G4/G5 is turned off and turned on the next day or whatever, I need to go through the hassle of re-paring and using a USB might mouse for the process.

Why is that? Is there a solution?

I don't have this problem with a PowerMac G5 (Quad) paired with a Magic Mouse & a Wireless Keyboard. But, I don't have a dongle... I use the combo card.

The only thing that I could think of is that maybe the dongle is not detected at start-up, so, until the OS is fully booted, the keyboard/mouse won't be connected. And, maybe as it's a bit late, the OS forget about them. Honestly, it's more a guest than anything certitude...