PDA

View Full Version : Gruber: iOS 7 running behind

Cougarcat
Apr 2, 2013, 07:21 PM
...And it's sounding like OS X 10.9 will be, too, as a consequence.

Straight from Gruber (http://daringfireball.net/linked/2013/04/02/apple-scuttlebutt), so you know it's true:

What I’ve heard: iOS 7 is running behind, and engineers have been pulled from OS X 10.9 to work on it. (Let me know if you’ve heard this song before.)

Regarding Jony Ive and iOS: Word on the street is that iOS engineers with carry privileges all have some sort of polarizing filter on their iPhone displays, such that it greatly decreases viewing angles, thus making it difficult for observers to see the apparently rather significant system-wide UI overhaul.

And regarding that system-wide UI overhaul, I hear the same thing as Rene Ritchie: “Ive’s work is apparently making many people really happy, but will also apparently make rich-texture-loving designers sad.”

If we're really getting a UI overhaul, they can take as long as they want as far as I'm concerned.

Sky Blue
Apr 2, 2013, 07:28 PM
It says nothing about it being delayed, only running behind.

irDigital0l
Apr 2, 2013, 07:31 PM
Wait weren't these the same people said that we wouldn't see major UI changes like a couple weeks ago?

ScottishCaptain
Apr 2, 2013, 07:35 PM
All I can say is this:

**** yeah.

Sounds like Ive knows what he's doing. I'm actually looking forward to iOS 7 and 10.9 now that they seem to be focusing on usability and efficiency rather then glitzy bling bling.

-SC

Cougarcat
Apr 2, 2013, 07:42 PM
It says nothing about it being delayed, only running behind.

I knew someone would say this :rolleyes: Delayed internally, running behind...you knew what I meant. I suppose it's true they could still meet their target launch date with the extra manpower, which would not be a delay, so I'll change the topic title.

WhackyNinja
Apr 2, 2013, 07:45 PM
AWWW YEAH! iOS 7 and OS 10.9 ARE RUNNING BEHIND! Which means something good is coming :D Im already excited to see what they have in store.

thejadedmonkey
Apr 2, 2013, 07:52 PM
I don't care much about iOS, but I really really hope this means good things for 10.9 too, whenever it comes out. I can wait, just make sure it's not a steaming pile of turd like the Lion's were.

WhackyNinja
Apr 2, 2013, 08:00 PM
Welp. MacRumors posted a thread. This thread is going to be locked.

Hail Caesar
Apr 2, 2013, 09:16 PM
Didn't expect a complete overhaul. Take your time Mr. Ive. :apple:

balamw
Apr 2, 2013, 09:18 PM
Welp. MacRumors posted a thread. This thread is going to be locked.

MOD NOTE: Yup. Please continue discussion there (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1565476).

B