PDA

View Full Version : Deleting music folders after consolidating

swindmill
Oct 22, 2005, 12:17 PM
I have searched and read about this, but I'm a bit nervous about doing it. In order to be completely sure could someone tell me if I'm right about this:

After consolidating music in iTunes, all music is copied into Music/Itunes Music. You will still have all of your music in it's original location in the Music folder. Now there are two copies of everything in the music folder. Therefore, all the music not in Music/iTunes Music is a duplicate, and can be erased if desired.

Is that right? I'd like to delete everything outside my Music/iTunes Music folder if it is not being used by iTunes . . .

Mitthrawnuruodo
Oct 22, 2005, 12:37 PM
Apart from the ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library file you can delete all the old things: After the folder has been copied, locate your original iTunes Music folder, and drag it to the Trash or Recycle Bin. Note: Don't remove the iTunes 4 Music Library files that may be in the same location as the iTunes Music folder. from iTunes: Moving your iTunes Music folder (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301748)