PDA

View Full Version : [Updated] Macbook Air 2013 Forecast

blabliblu
Apr 3, 2013, 08:18 PM
[Update 1] Due to recent informations, I moved the "Wifi AC" standard and NFC capability up to likely new updates.
[Update 2] As for higher resolution, note that the multiplication factor I took are not exactly to a "Retina" level, but they are still just above a 1080p resolution, because that would be the best compromise for a long term update which wouldn't need much more power/battery.

So, as a long time Mac follower, and also working in a trend agency, here is what I think are the possible scenarios of a Macbook Air update in 2013. This is based on current market trends, stocks, prior Apple updates, its policy, component market/price, intel etc...

*Note that the current flash drive differentiation in the designations will probably switch to a processor power differentiation

What will certainly happen

11-inch : 64GB
N/A dual core Intel Core i5 (Haswell)
4GB memory 1600hz DDR3L
128GB GB flash storage
Intel HD Graphics GT2 4200
1366 by 768 screen res
Up to 5 hour battery
$999.00

11-inch : 128GB
N/A dual-core Intel Core i5 (Haswell) better than above
4GB memory 1600hz DDR3L (configurable to 8GB)
128GB flash storage
Intel HD Graphics GT2 4200
1366 by 768 screen res
Up to 5 hour battery
$1,099.00

13-inch : 128GB
N/A dual-core Intel Core i5 (Haswell) better or same than above
4GB memory 1600hz DDR3L (configurable to 8GB)
128GB flash storage
Intel HD Graphics GT2 4500
1440 by 900 screen res
Up to 7 hour battery
$1,199.00

13-inch : 256GB
N/A dual-core Intel Core i5 (Haswell) better than above
8GB memory
256GB flash storage
Intel HD Graphics GT2 4500
1440 by 900 screen res
Up to 7 hour battery
$1,399.00

What may or probably will happen

same as above but
Wifi AC Standard
2050 by 1152 screen res
Up to 7 hour battery
$899.00

11-inch : 128GB
Same as above but
Wifi AC Standard
2050 by 1152 screen res
Up to 7 hour battery
$999.00

8GB memory
Wifi AC standard
2240 by 1400 screen res
Up to 8-9 hour battery
$1,099.00

Wifi AC Standard
2440 by 1400 screen res
Up to 8-9 hour battery
$1,299.00

What could/might happen

11-inch : 64GB and 11-inch : 128GB
same as above but
NFC/Micro-chip reader
Card Reader
Redesign (slimmer and/or dark tint)

same as above but
NFC/Micro-chip reader
Two thunderbolt
Redesign (slimmer and/or dark tint)
256GB flash storage
(and so) $1,199.00/$1,0299

same as above but
NFC/Micro-chip reader
Two thunderbolt
Redesign (internal redesign and/or slimmer and/or dark tint)
512GB flash storage
(ans so) $1,499.00

What should but probably won't happen, because too early, innovative and costly

Eye/Gesture tracker iSight (screen auto-dimm, air gesture, eye command, focus, games...)
3G/4G antenna/slot
Wifi 802.11 abc standard
Larger tactile and pen-friendly trackpad
E-ink keyboard (with changing/custom key symbols)
New, way lighter materials and body
Auto connecting/disconnecting Magsafe magnet
NFC/Micro-wireless chip to connect devices/cards/items (data, cut-copy, contacts, music etc...)

All this of course doesn't take into account the future 10.9 OSX that probably won't be release until next year and will probably not be a big redesign but include new features such as Siri. I think they will first test the new iOS7 approach with the iPhone 6 next year before going toward OSX 11

jbzcar
Apr 4, 2013, 12:17 AM
I would be surprised to see anything smaller than a 128GB SSD on either model.

KylePowers
Apr 4, 2013, 01:08 AM
1) You made a typo in the first 64GB 11in MBA. You label it 64GB then describe it as 128GB.
2) I agree with everything you say will certainly happen
3) I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you say may/probably happen
4) Definitely disagree with everything could/might happen

If my opinion, from also being a Mac fan and having a keen eye for trends, the MBA will not get any sort of redesign and it will not get a retina display (as that would cannibalize rMBP sales and place its cost outside its target demographic).

Simply put - expect Haswell and nothing else.

TC25
Apr 4, 2013, 03:25 AM
So, as a long time Mac follower, and also working in a trend agency, here is what I think are the possible scenarios of a Macbook Air update in 2013. This is based on current market trends, stocks, prior Apple updates, its policy, component market/price, intel etc...

Hold on a sec, let me find someone who cares.

Sonne88
Apr 4, 2013, 05:30 AM
Specifically for the 11" model I do hope there is more battery life. oh and less bezel around the screen too but I don't mind if it stays 11"

Michael Goff
Apr 4, 2013, 10:25 AM
I don't foresee a re-design, likely just a spec update.

They likely won't drop the 64GB model, as it is their 'low cost' Macbook Air.

blabliblu
Apr 4, 2013, 11:34 AM
I don't foresee a re-design, likely just a spec update.

They likely won't drop the 64GB model, as it is their 'low cost' Macbook Air.

64GB even for a Notepad is very weak and has been around for very long when 128GB really cost nothing now.

So as I said they'll probably up the entry 11" MBA flash drive to 128GB as well and switch from a Flash Drive differentiation (64GB vs 128GB) to a processor power differentiation (X GHz dual core i5 vs Y Ghz dual core i5) like the Macbook Pros...

1) You made a typo in the first 64GB 11in MBA. You label it 64GB then describe it as 128GB.

Not a typo, see above.

As for the rest, that's why I made different scenario because on one hand we very well know that Apple has had a weak update policy for 2 or 3 years and that there's no point to hope for more, but on the other end they've really harshly criticized, the stakeholders and customers are excepting stronger updates or innovation.

So it may or may not get Retina, it may or may not have a slight redesign, it may or may not have bigger RAM or Flash Drive for the same model, but what is sure is that it'll have either of them because the update would be way too weak with just an Haswell update and people won't support it.

Michael Goff
Apr 4, 2013, 11:54 AM
64GB even for a Notepad is very weak and has been around for very long when 128GB really cost nothing now.

So as I said they'll probably up the entry 11" MBA flash drive to 128GB as well and switch from a Flash Drive differentiation (64GB vs 128GB) to a processor power differentiation (X GHz dual core i5 vs Y Ghz dual core i5) like the Macbook Pros...

If they sell, they won't get rid of it.

If they don't sell, maybe you're right.

Apple isn't in this for anything other than cash.

blabliblu
Apr 6, 2013, 10:30 AM
If they sell, they won't get rid of it.

If they don't sell, maybe you're right.

True. And I think they don't sell but I don't have each model sales.

DisplacedMic
Apr 6, 2013, 11:04 AM

which is exactly how it should be as profits drive inovation.

----------

i don't think that any of those things you say should happen should happen...certainly not on this year's model anyway.

regarding the card reader on the 11" i think the problem there is that the slope is too steep to make room for a sd reader. i personally would rather sacrifice the reader and keep the small footprint of the 11.

Michael Goff
Apr 6, 2013, 11:08 AM
True. And I think they don't sell but I don't have each model sales.

I think they sell well enough, considering people can convince themselves that it's the budget model.

But we'll never know, until they replace it for poor sales.

which is exactly how it should be as profits drive innovation.

Not always.

Losing profits drives innovation far more than gaining them.

DisplacedMic
Apr 6, 2013, 11:38 AM
Not always.

Losing profits drives innovation far more than gaining them.

losing profits might drive the motivation for innovation but the point is that innovation is rewarded by profit.

TC25
Apr 6, 2013, 01:39 PM
That's what all successful businesses are in it for, comrade.

With your attitude, I assume you work for free, since profits are what pay wages and salaries, unless you work for government, then other people's salaries and wages pay you through taxes.

Michael Goff
Apr 6, 2013, 01:52 PM
losing profits might drive the motivation for innovation but the point is that innovation is rewarded by profit.

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.

That's what all successful businesses are in it for, comrade.

With your attitude, I assume you work for free, since profits are what pay wages and salaries, unless you work for government, then other people's salaries and wages pay you through taxes.

Where did I say that? I was simply pointing out that Apple won't get rid of the 64GB MBA as long as it makes them money. I was simply trying to point out that they aren't doing anything they do out of some altruistic sense of right and wrong.

Is that bad? No, it's how society functions.

amarcus
Apr 6, 2013, 02:02 PM
I'd be surprised if the new MacBook Air's don't support 802.11ac. Haswell is a given and if were lucky we might see retina screens or a storage bump.

Adam

addictive
Apr 6, 2013, 03:03 PM
Haswell is almost certainly coming and there will likely be storage bumps and increases in RAM and better battery life which will become a key selling point. The improved battery life will likely be down Haswell.

I think the lowest end Macbook Air will get 128GB rather than 64GB but Apple will keep the price the same protecting its profit margin over the next 12 month cycle. The amount of flash memory Apple is buying you know the profits they must be making on this.

There will be no Air redesign or Retina display for the Air because this will allow Apple to push the RmbPro and consolidate the Macbook Pro product line into all Retina displays.

If the Air offered the Retina display this could cannibalise RmbPro sales. The Retina is currently more suited to a Pro product and the Air's battery life would currently suffer if it had to power a Retina display.

Expect the Air to get the Retina display in 2014 with Intel's Broadwell chip or 2015 with Skylake. At this point it would make more sense to redesign the Macbook Air.

DisplacedMic
Apr 8, 2013, 05:09 PM
You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.

what are you talking about?

Michael Goff
Apr 8, 2013, 06:09 PM
what are you talking about?

Innovation is not always rewarded by profit.

luffytubby
Apr 8, 2013, 06:26 PM
I don't believe in 2+ more hours of battery life. It would be amazing but I don't. I think like Ivybridge and Sandy before it, the mobile savings will once again be very minor. We need a real revolution in battery technology for mobile devices. Laptops more than anything, and also smartphones!

DisplacedMic
Apr 9, 2013, 09:15 AM
Innovation is not always rewarded by profit.

of course not, that wasn't at all my point.
you're not serious with this are you?

the claim that "Losing profits drives innovation far more than gaining them" is nonsense.

Michael Goff
Apr 9, 2013, 09:29 AM
of course not, that wasn't at all my point.
you're not serious with this are you?

the claim that "Losing profits drives innovation far more than gaining them" is nonsense.

Microsoft did very little to innovate from XP to Vista to 7, but then let's look at what they've done with Windows Phone and Windows 8 so far.

Then we have the big change for OS X (from OS 9) when Apple "came back from the brink".

LeeM
Apr 9, 2013, 09:29 AM
i love my 11" air and have barely used my pro since i got the air. 64gb is simply not enough though, need to set up a time machine now! its certainly easy to catch the apple bug

DisplacedMic
Apr 9, 2013, 10:34 AM
Microsoft did very little to innovate from XP to Vista to 7, but then let's look at what they've done with Windows Phone and Windows 8 so far.

Then we have the big change for OS X (from OS 9) when Apple "came back from the brink".

yes exactly - profit-driven innovation.

i'm not claiming there's no exceptions - clearly. obviously there can be profit without inovation and there can be inovation without profit.
i am speaking in general terms, as was appropriate for this discussion.

Someone made a vague "Apple isn't in this for anything other than cash" statement to which I replied "which is exactly how it should be as profits drive inovation"

The point is this: If Apple is making money then the products are selling. if the products are selling then it's a reasonable assumption that the consumer is happy. This isn't a zero-sum game here in terms of consumer/supplier - everybody can win.

this isn't just my opinion - this is 100 years of modern economic theory.

jdechko
Apr 9, 2013, 10:46 AM
I think they sell well enough, considering people can convince themselves that it's the budget model.

But we'll never know.

Should end there. I don't think Apple will ever admit that any product is a poor seller.

SoIsays
Apr 10, 2013, 12:37 PM
Aside from the usual processor and graphics upgrade, I predict the same ol MBA non-retina screen, ram sizes, SSD sizes, body.

DisplacedMic
Apr 10, 2013, 12:53 PM
Aside from the usual processor and graphics upgrade, I predict the same ol MBA non-retina screen, ram sizes, SSD sizes, body.

which sounds perfect to me!

ctdonath
Apr 10, 2013, 01:46 PM
I was simply pointing out that Apple won't get rid of the 64GB MBA as long as it makes them money.
Apple gets rid of plenty of things which make them money. Their MO is to keep the puck moving, fast, well ahead of the competition. Don't wait until people stop buying them, upgrade well before that point (where they're bored/dissatisfied with the product).

I'll go so far as to contend that anything which shows up consistently in the "refurbished" department will get dumped, as it's a sign customers buy them then fast return them as inadequate, trading for something better. We'll see 128GB MBAs dropped soon.

blabliblu
Apr 10, 2013, 06:22 PM
which sounds perfect to me!

Because you're a community manager for Apple.

But otherwise NOBODY thinks such a weak update would be "perfect"

DisplacedMic
Apr 11, 2013, 12:24 AM

But otherwise NOBODY thinks such a weak update would be "perfect"

well gosh - should i have said "perfect for me" instead?
and you're being silly, i'm not a community manager.

TC25
Apr 11, 2013, 05:31 AM

Better than being a community organizer. Oh, wait a minute, it's not. The US elected a community organizer to be president....Twice.

SoIsays
Apr 11, 2013, 09:12 AM
Better than being a community organizer. Oh, wait a minute, it's not. The US elected a community organizer to be president....Twice.

God bless America. USA! USA! USA!

.Asa
Apr 17, 2013, 09:36 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks a thousand bucks for an entry-level 11" laptop is a little steep.
There just has to be a price drop.

QCassidy352
Apr 17, 2013, 10:45 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks a thousand bucks for an entry-level 11" laptop is a little steep.

There won't be. Apple does not race to the bottom, never has and never will.

Yoshi Yogurt
May 1, 2013, 06:44 PM
I will probably buy the 2014 macbook air right when it comes out since that's when I'll be starting college.

I want basically everything it has now with

-Faster cpu
-Intel 5000 graphics(they should be out by 2014)
-cheaper

Right now a 256gb 13 inch is $1400, I hope that drops to $1300 by 2014.

Verix
May 2, 2013, 01:39 AM

Err, should be out by fall which is a little sooner than 2014 :)
I'm actually hoping for the Intel HD 5100 (or at least an option for it) since that's the max ultrabooks can ship with.

ratboy90
May 2, 2013, 04:29 AM
I will probably buy the 2014 macbook air right when it comes out since that's when I'll be starting college.

I want basically everything it has now with

-Faster cpu
-cheaper

Right now a 256gb 13 inch is $1400, I hope that drops to $1300 by 2014.

I can't see them getting any cheaper though.

strwrsfrk
May 2, 2013, 10:16 AM
The base models will likely be about the same, in terms of general specs (~1.8GHz dual-core i5, 4GB RAM, 1366 x 768 and 1440 x 900). The biggest marketable change may be an increase in battery life to ~7+ hours (11") and ~9+ hours (13").

Hopefully, the base 11" begins to include a 128GB SSD and flash prices drop a bit up the board. It is likely that 8GB will remain the maximum available option on both 11" and 13" models.

Similarly, there will probably not be any enclosure redesigns.

Here are my hopes in decreasing order of interest:
* 11" resolution to 1600 x 900 or greater, with accompanying increase to ~12" lcd and slight decrease in bezel size; 13" to 1680 x 1050 or greater.
* Options for at least one 10W ULV Intel CPU and at least one Intel CPU with improved graphics (likely higher TDP and accompanying decrease in battery life)
* Improved screen tech (no more TN)

onirocdarb
May 2, 2013, 11:27 AM
I think they will drop the 64gb ssd since the ipad goes up to 128gb

Bear
May 3, 2013, 10:08 PM
[Update 1] Due to recent informations, I moved the "Wifi AC" standard and NFC capability up to likely new updates.
[Update 2] As for higher resolution, note that the multiplication factor I took are not exactly to a "Retina" level, but they are still just above a 1080p resolution, because that would be the best compromise for a long term update which wouldn't need much more power/battery.
...1080P is all that's needed to watch HD in full screen mode. WiFi AC is almost a given as you said.

As for NFC capability... Why?

I would be surprised to see anything smaller than a 128GB SSD on either model.I would hope it's 128GB.

Specifically for the 11" model I do hope there is more battery life. oh and less bezel around the screen too but I don't mind if it stays 11"If the reduce the bezel without making the display larger then they will need to make the Air thicker to maintain the battery life.

technowar
May 4, 2013, 12:37 AM
TB ports anyone?

sparkie7
May 4, 2013, 04:23 AM
16GB RAM - would. be. nice.

mobilebuddha
May 4, 2013, 05:46 AM
I hope they redesign the large bezel on the 11inch -> so you can have a 13inch screen in the physical dimension of the current 11inch.

I personally couldn't give a !@#$ whether or not the MBA have retina. And I personally agree that they shouldn't. You want nice screens, be ready to pay -> rMBP.

Not even the PC vendors are pushing devices with anything above 1080p on ~1k machines, why should Apple?

2) I agree with everything you say will certainly happen
3) I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you say may/probably happen
4) Definitely disagree with everything could/might happen

If my opinion, from also being a Mac fan and having a keen eye for trends, the MBA will not get any sort of redesign and it will not get a retina display (as that would cannibalize rMBP sales and place its cost outside its target demographic).

Simply put - expect Haswell and nothing else.

Abazigal
May 4, 2013, 06:34 AM
I partly agree with the OP, but feel they may just drop the 64gb 11" option, now that the ipad comes with 128gb storage.

My own predictions:

Retain the 11" and 13" 4gb ram/128gb storage ($999 and $1199 respectively).
Option to upgrade to 8gb ram (I foresee 8gb ram being standard in 2014).
Option to upgrade to 256/512/768 gb storage (maybe the speed of the SSD will improve as well?).

Haswell graphics
Faster wireless

I feel extra ports is unlikely due to lack of space. NFC simply doesn't make sense, much less sim-card slot (you can always tether from your phone). Likewise, Apple is reaping too much savings from essentially recycling the same production model year after year; they are not going to invest in a new design unless the current one suddenly becomes massively unpopular overnight.

All in all, bare minimum changes to keep it current with the competition.

Cynicalone
May 4, 2013, 08:53 AM
I dont' expect "retina" this year, but I do expect a better panel.

Many of the PC ultrabook vendors have moved on to 1080p displays. I fully expect Apple to add a 1080p IPS display to the 13" Air.

Cost isn't an issue, the panel is widely available from multiple vendors.

Power, heat, graphics performance will be no problem with Haswell.

B...
May 4, 2013, 08:54 AM
I dont' expect "retina" this year, but I do expect a better panel.

Many of the PC ultrabook vendors have moved on to 1080p displays. I fully expect Apple to add a 1080p IPS display to the 13" Air.

Cost isn't an issue, the panel is widely available from multiple vendors.

Power, heat, graphics performance will be no problem with Haswell.

No 1080p panel, I fear. That is a 16x9 display, and Apple's whole line is 16x10, excepting the 11" Air.

AppliedMicro
May 4, 2013, 11:13 AM
What may or probably will happen

same as above but
Wifi AC Standard
2050 by 1152 screen res
Up to 7 hour battery
$899.00

8GB memory
Wifi AC standard
2240 by 1400 screen res
Up to 8-9 hour battery
$1,099.00
Quite improbable, in my opinion.
9 hour battery life isn't going to happen on a retina display.

Retina displays draw more power, as evidenced by Apple's previous/current retina products (MBP, iPad 3), all of which use considerably higher-capacity batteries to provide similar battery runtimes to their non-retina counterparts.

Granted, Haswell CPUs might give Apple some headroom in this department to put retina displays in the MacBook Air without losing much battery life. I still believe that this would also require higher-capacity (and thus more costly) batteries in order to achieve comparable battery life.

That I just don't see it fitting in their product roster (yet).

The MacBook is about to supplant the current "old school DVD drive" MacBook being positioned as Apple's entry-level notebook. Rising costs on battery and display just doesn't fit into the picture. Also, what would be the big differentiating point of the MBPr?

kaellar
May 4, 2013, 11:35 AM
I really hope Apple WON'T go for Retina in Airs, simply because it's next to impossible to combine enough power, battery life and such a hungry display in a chassis that thin and light. Not yet.
The 13" MBA that I would definitely buy is:
- Haswell ULV CPUs with 5000 graphics in base models;
- A bit smaller bezel (just to fit the 13" rMBP) and, if possible, less thickness and weight;
- IPS display with the same resolution as current MBAs and more effective AR-coating.

Abazigal
May 5, 2013, 12:47 AM

It's not really that much more than your typical windows ultrabook. Shop around, you can't really find a laptop of comparable specs to the air for that price (and those that do exist, are likely inferior to the macbook in one way or another).

MUBiomed
May 7, 2013, 11:47 PM
Quite improbable, in my opinion.
9 hour battery life isn't going to happen on a retina display.

Retina displays draw more power, as evidenced by Apple's previous/current retina products (MBP, iPad 3), all of which use considerably higher-capacity batteries to provide similar battery runtimes to their non-retina counterparts.

Granted, Haswell CPUs might give Apple some headroom in this department to put retina displays in the MacBook Air without losing much battery life. I still believe that this would also require higher-capacity (and thus more costly) batteries in order to achieve comparable battery life.

That I just don't see it fitting in their product roster (yet).

The MacBook is about to supplant the current "old school DVD drive" MacBook being positioned as Apple's entry-level notebook. Rising costs on battery and display just doesn't fit into the picture. Also, what would be the big differentiating point of the MBPr?

Discrete graphics to run on that nice retina display?

Quotenfrau
May 8, 2013, 09:24 AM
when it will be released? Can't wait.

marvz
May 8, 2013, 09:50 AM
when it will be released? Can't wait.

1 hours after the end of the WWDC keynote :)

fyrefly
May 8, 2013, 02:08 PM
Discrete graphics to run on that nice retina display?

The 13" rMBP doesn't have discrete graphics. It has the same Intel HD 4000 as the current 11"/13" MBA. So I agree, I expect no retina this time around in the MBAs, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. :)

MUBiomed
May 8, 2013, 11:36 PM
The 13" rMBP doesn't have discrete graphics. It has the same Intel HD 4000 as the current 11"/13" MBA. So I agree, I expect no retina this time around in the MBAs, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. :)

Me too. I would be in line to buy a 512GB rMBA with intel 5000 graphics.

I have the 15"rMBP now but the discrete graphics are overkill for what I use it for (even the games I play). I just love the look of that display.

animatedude
May 9, 2013, 08:05 AM
They will probably bring the retina display to the 13' models first then the 11' next year or something...:)

mrmember
May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM
Please pardon my gross ignorance about these things but I'd love to have an 11 inch MB Air but find the 5 hour battery life a little depressing. Will the new Haswell chip have anything to do with improving battery life or is it just a graphics thing? Is there any reason for me to wait for months to hope for an 11 inch Air with better battery life?

B...
May 9, 2013, 11:21 AM
Please pardon my gross ignorance about these things but I'd love to have an 11 inch MB Air but find the 5 hour battery life a little depressing. Will the new Haswell chip have anything to do with improving battery life or is it just a graphics thing? Is there any reason for me to wait for months to hope for an 11 inch Air with better battery life?

It's definitely an option because of the better sleep state inplemented. I'm hoping for a 6-7 11" and a 9 hour 13"

herriiee
May 9, 2013, 12:08 PM
Pro 15inch
Mobile Haswell QCi7 with "iris" (HD5100 or HD5200)
256GB SSD
Retina
Lower price level (around $2000)
9 hour batt

Pro 13inch
Mobile Haswell DC i7 with "iris" (HD5000 or HD5100)
128GB SSD
Retina (obviously)
Lower price level (around $1400)
9 hour batt

Air 13inch
ULV Haswell DC i5 or i7 upgrade with "iris" (HD4600 or HD5000)
128GB SSD
Same resolution
Same price level (around $1200)
8 hour batt

Air 11inch
ULV Haswell DC i5 or i7 upgrade with "iris" (HD4600 or HD5000)
128GB SSD
Same resolution
Same price level (around $1000 or they keep 64gig SSD and lower it to $900)
6 hour batt

mrmember
May 9, 2013, 12:33 PM
Well....I don't know that it's worth waiting until Sept or whenever to get only one hour more of batt life. I think I'll get it now (because I need it) and then sell it and buy a new one of the batt life increases to as much as 7 hours. Maybe....

Thanks for ya'lls input!

irDigital0l
May 11, 2013, 12:26 PM
Well....I don't know that it's worth waiting until Sept or whenever to get only one hour more of batt life. I think I'll get it now (because I need it) and then sell it and buy a new one of the batt life increases to as much as 7 hours. Maybe....

Thanks for ya'lls input!

Umm MacBooks will be coming out in June/July after WWDC.

Why September?

rovex
May 11, 2013, 02:27 PM
colour change (grey like iphone) and retina. Bank on it.

Smaller black bezel. No real redesign, colour change makes sense if only to set it apart from the pro.

2IS
May 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
Anyone else a bit disappointed we haven't heard more in the way of rumors?

B...
May 11, 2013, 06:34 PM
Anyone else a bit disappointed we haven't heard more in the way of rumors?

No. I like the surprise and excitment leading up to WWDC.