PDA

View Full Version : reinstall ML, does it break MS Office 2011 activation?

j00d
Apr 5, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I'm getting one of those "(null) preferences pane" error messages when I try to configure Time Machine and it looks like the only fix for it is to reinstall ML.

But if I reinstall ML, will it break the licensing activation in Office 2011? I have a legit key but I loathe the idea of trying to find it.

Thanks,

John

chriscl
Apr 5, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hi,

I'm getting one of those "(null) preferences pane" error messages when I try to configure Time Machine and it looks like the only fix for it is to reinstall ML.

But if I reinstall ML, will it break the licensing activation in Office 2011? I have a legit key but I loathe the idea of trying to find it.

Thanks,

John

All I can offer is the experience I had when I restored a Time Machine backup to my then-new MacBook Pro - everything just worked afterwards, with the exception of Office 2011 - I had to re-input the Serial Number and then re-activiate to get it to work.

Only Microsoft...

joec1101
Apr 5, 2013, 05:47 PM
It will most likely break the validation, but it's not too difficult to fix. You can retrieve the key online at MS or just call MS and they can give you a key over the phone.