PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 upgrading to Leopard problems

gohome190
Apr 5, 2013, 01:51 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to install Leopard on my iMac g5. It currently has Tiger on it. I insert the DVD, it comes up with the normal Click here to install, but when I restart it freezes. I held down C during start up this time to make sure that it booted from the DVD. After the apple logo screen, it went to a blue screen with a cursor that I can move around, but that's it. It's stuck there. Any help?

Thanks!!

Lil Chillbil
Apr 5, 2013, 05:03 PM
Ok so I am just here to get the standard ******** outa the way before someone else comes in here and actually has a solution.

#1 reset the pram
#2 Check your disk (has it worked on any other macs)
#3 have a good day

eyoungren
Apr 5, 2013, 09:08 PM
You wouldn't happen to have Application Enhancer (APE) installed would you? If you are unsure what that is, then do you have any Unsanity haxies installed? Shapeshifter, WindowShade X, etc?

If you do, those install APE and certain older versions of APE are incompatible with Leopard. If APE is installed that blue screen you mention is as far as you will get. The only solution is to put your Mac in Target Disk Mode and uninstall APE.

If you don't have APE or any Unsanity haxies installed then of course, it's something else.