Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
This is what the aTV should be all about: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ncaa-march-madness-live/id423246594?mt=8

"March Madness Live, the app overseen by NCAA/Turner Sports/CBS Sports, is a visual godsend for hoops junkies who can't get enough of all 67 games in the NCAA men's tournament. It offers live, crisp video from any game, including Louisville's win over Duke. (The national semifinals — Syracuse vs. Michigan, and Wichita State-Louisville — are Saturday. The national title is Monday night.)

Viewers like what they see: A record 45 million live video streams, and more than 12.6 million hours of live video consumed across smartphones and tablets during the first two weeks of the tournament."

Unfortunately, it's only the iphone now.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Can't you just use airplay?
Could if I had that capability. Just pointing out that when people talk about what apps would do for the aTV, this is exactly what they would do. All independent of the Mac/iPad/iPhone.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
I would love to see more stuff like this on the ATV. AirPlay from an iPhone is an imperfect workaround, not a solution. I love my AppleTV, I wish I had reasons to use it more often.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Could if I had that capability. Just pointing out that when people talk about what apps would do for the aTV, this is exactly what they would do. All independent of the Mac/iPad/iPhone.

Oh ok my bad. Misunderstood what you were saying. But yeah I completely agree! This is why we need an App Store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.