PDA

View Full Version : Used Macbok air for 650 UK pounds; good deal?

Liquinn
Apr 6, 2013, 02:18 PM
2012 MBA 11". Is this a good deal from Amazon.co.uk? 200 quid cheaper than the Apple store. Comes with no box though.

649.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

Amazon Prime TM
Learn more
Used - Good
Without the box. With charger. Eligible for Amazon's FREE Super Saver/Prime Shipping, 24/7 Customer Service, and tracking number included.

Good buy?

200 pounds cheaper than Apple directly? Surely this is a good buy?

gnasher729
Apr 6, 2013, 02:59 PM
2012 MBA 11". Is this a good deal from Amazon.co.uk? 200 quid cheaper than the Apple store. Comes with no box though.

649.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

Amazon Prime TM
Learn more
Used - Good
Without the box. With charger. Eligible for Amazon's FREE Super Saver/Prime Shipping, 24/7 Customer Service, and tracking number included.

Good buy?

200 pounds cheaper than Apple directly? Surely this is a good buy?

Look at the Apple Store for refurbished MBAs. Right now on the Apple Store for 719. Refurbished means full warranty. The one Amazon offers is used, so not full warranty. Since you are in the UK, any statutory rights that you would have when the warranty runs out are against the seller. So you decide whether it will be easier to get an out of warranty repair from Amazon or Apple.

BTW. Check the exact specs (RAM, SSD drive) to make sure it's the same product.

Liquinn
Apr 6, 2013, 03:38 PM
Look at the Apple Store for refurbished MBAs. Right now on the Apple Store for 719. Refurbished means full warranty. The one Amazon offers is used, so not full warranty. Since you are in the UK, any statutory rights that you would have when the warranty runs out are against the seller. So you decide whether it will be easier to get an out of warranty repair from Amazon or Apple.

BTW. Check the exact specs (RAM, SSD drive) to make sure it's the same product.
I don't mind about the lack of a one year warranty on the Air.

Quite a tempting price.

Is it worth it though (no box and not a full warranty)?

I can always buy a box on eBay and buy Applecare, right?

gnasher729
Apr 6, 2013, 04:43 PM
I don't mind about the lack of a one year warranty on the Air.

Quite a tempting price.

Is it worth it though (no box and not a full warranty)?

I can always buy a box on eBay and buy Applecare, right?

70 difference to a refurbished (in other words, as new) Mac. Your call. In my opinion, not worth it. And of course AppleCare will last less long as well; the three years start when the item is bought as new.