PDA

View Full Version : New iPod Colors to be released soon!

MacTruck
Oct 23, 2005, 01:14 AM
I was at Target tonight and spoke with the guy that is in charge of the ipod section. He said that they are releasing new colors for the ipods. One of which is going to be a carbon color. I asked him if he read this somewhere or if he is just hoping and he said that in a meeting with an apple rep they showed them samples and some kind of booth or kiosk that they brought with them showcasing these new ones.

Might be bull but he sounded pretty sincere about it.

Posted this in the wrong thread so I reposted here. Sorry.

BurtonCCC
Oct 23, 2005, 01:32 AM
It's bull. Nobody knows until Steve released them.

There should be a pink Madonna Special Edition nano though... I'm about 90% sure that'll be in the next annoucement.

Daniel

killuminati
Oct 23, 2005, 01:43 AM
I doubt some guy at Target would know about that. Even Apple store employees don't know about new products until Steve announces them.

watcher2001
Oct 23, 2005, 10:13 AM
I doubt some guy at Target would know about that. Even Apple store employees don't know about new products until Steve announces them.
Agreed, I think it is just wishful thinking on the Target guys part. The reason I think they went away from the colors was for easier inventory control.

ipacmm
Oct 23, 2005, 11:12 AM

I also agree. I am sure we will see some different colors for the ipod's but I don't think anytime soon.

qzak
Oct 23, 2005, 12:21 PM
It's bull. Nobody knows until Steve released them.

There should be a pink Madonna Special Edition nano though... I'm about 90% sure that'll be in the next annoucement.

Daniel

does that make any sense?? pretty much saying "your wrong, no one knows.. oh by the way i know"

BurtonCCC
Oct 23, 2005, 03:55 PM
does that make any sense?? pretty much saying "your wrong, no one knows.. oh by the way i know"
Oh, did somebody miss learning about percents in grade school? 90% sure = I'm not sure. Check other threads for yourself, many people agree with me.

Daniel

qzak
Oct 23, 2005, 04:37 PM
Oh, did somebody miss learning about percents in grade school? 90% sure = I'm not sure. Check other threads for yourself, many people agree with me.

Daniel

now now... no need to get your panties in a bundle here, he never said he was completely sure either. so let me change that... "your wrong, no one knows... oh by the way, i think i know."

yg17
Oct 23, 2005, 04:50 PM
I work at Target and can guarantee you he's full of crap. Not even the manager in electronics knows about new products until they're released

Demon Hunter
Oct 23, 2005, 05:26 PM
One word: Colorware.

dmw007
Oct 23, 2005, 06:28 PM

My thoughts exactly, but you can never be sure...... :)

EricNau
Oct 23, 2005, 07:06 PM
...he (Target) said that in a meeting with an apple rep they showed them samples and some kind of booth or kiosk that they brought with them showcasing these new ones...

No Way. Apple would never send out reps with samples of Colored iPods. How would that benefit Apple, now that a Target team member knows, they can properly sell the iPod? Let's face it, whether or not Target knew about colored iPods ahead of time, would not affect sales at all.
I could understand if it was maybe the CEO of Target, but a Team Member, I don't think so, why would it even matter to that Target worker, it just doesn't make sense.
(I didn't mean to offend anyone that works at target if anything I said came out that way ;) )

BurtonCCC
Oct 23, 2005, 07:53 PM
Personally, I would never buy an iPod from anyone but Apple. Apple knows what they're doing. I trust them. Target sells tampons in addition to electronics. I don't trust Target.

Daniel

musiclover137
Oct 23, 2005, 08:24 PM
Personally, I would never buy an iPod from anyone but Apple. Apple knows what they're doing. I trust them. Target sells tampons in addition to electronics. I don't trust Target.

Daniel
I happen to agree, but are you saying that Apple is better at retail than Target?

yg17
Oct 23, 2005, 10:53 PM

Daniel

More comments from a Target employee (myself).....

Don't trust a single word this guy says. Target team members do not learn about this stuff beforehand. Maybe, and that's a huge maybe, someone who works at the top of the totem pole at the home office designing displays and crap might know, but even then, I'd doubt it. If they did know, they've signed an NDA. Thats how Apple works, they prevent leaks in any way possible. But as far as Target team members go, they don't know about new iPods until everyone else does. Trust me, if I knew Apple's secrets before everyone else, I'd actually love my job :D

As for BurtonCCC's comment? What is there to not trust? Sure, most Target employees don't know crap about iPods or anything else they sell, a few do, like myself and a couple of my friends/coworkers. Product knowledge isn't an issue for anyone here, we know the answers to most questions we'd ever have. Target doesn't sell different iPods than Apple, they're the same damn thing you get in the Apple Store. Target doesn't get lower quality iPods, refurbished iPods, broken iPods, ect. Exact same thing that an Apple Store gets. The warranty through Apple is still good. You can still buy AppleCare for it. I bought a 2nd gen iPod at Target years back because I got 10% off it (employee discount) and it was fine. And so what if Target also sells tampons? One stop shopping :D

Anyways, to sum it up, the guy at Target's a liar and it's safe to buy an iPod and other electronics at Target.

MacTruck
Oct 23, 2005, 11:00 PM
I love target. Buy everything there. Just bought a flat panel 32" lcd there last week. You see we get 10% off cards every month from target for having a target cc. Not to mention it is the cleanest store around. Nice chicks too. I was surprised to see the black nano there but you know what, I see alot of hard to find stuff at target Found the PSPs there when they were released and the xbox. No way to find those at electornic boutique at the mall or wall mart. Target rocks period, I love just walking around there. Where else can you get sushi, ice cream, an ipod, car battery, diapers and an xbox all in one place?

Before you say it, wal mart does not sell sushi. :D

yg17
Oct 23, 2005, 11:05 PM
I love target. Buy everything there. Just bought a flat panel 32" lcd there last week. You see we get 10% off cards every month from target for having a target cc. Not to mention it is the cleanest store around. Nice chicks too. I was surprised to see the black nano there but you know what, I see alot of hard to find stuff at target Found the PSPs there when they were released and the xbox. No way to find those at electornic boutique at the mall or wall mart. Target rocks period, I love just walking around there. Where else can you get sushi, ice cream, an ipod, car battery, diapers and an xbox all in one place?

Before you say it, wal mart does not sell sushi. :D

Sushi and car battery? SuperTarget I assume?

I'm sad to see you have a Target CC though. I refuse to ever apply for one because of the way they high pressure employees to high pressure customers to apply. It's crap. We can be half a million ahead of sales forecasts for the month, but if we're behind in target card applications forecasts by 2 apps for the month, we get chewed out by managers. The amount of apps we get is all that matters to that company, and they tell us to do anything possible to get customers to apply and encourage us to high pressure like it's a used car lot. No one I work with except for a few actually do pressure people, but still. It's principle and I will never give that company the glory of having my name on the "applicant" section of an app. My name on the "employee" section is OK, that means I can get away with murder for a few days since I got someone to apply :D

Vinnie_vw
Oct 24, 2005, 12:58 PM
This is Macrumors, is it not? So his point is as valid as the next. And, in theory, it is possible that news spreads around within Apple, at least as low-level as this, and some idiot working for Apple decides to show off what little knowledge he has to someone else. Just human error at play. I'm not supporting any view here, but don't see how people are so sure that it's untrue.

yg17
Oct 24, 2005, 01:02 PM
This is Macrumors, is it not? So his point is as valid as the next. And, in theory, it is possible that news spreads around within Apple, at least as low-level as this, and some idiot working for Apple decides to show off what little knowledge he has to someone else. Just human error at play. I'm not supporting any view here, but don't see how people are so sure that it's untrue.

If the source of this rumor was the least bit reliable, he'd have a valid point. But his source was some kid who works at Target, and being an employee there myself, I guarantee you this kid doesn't know. No reliable source means it's not a rumor, it's just some **** spewed out by someone who thinks they know what they're talking about.

_bnkr612
Oct 24, 2005, 02:23 PM
They are also coming out with baby seal color, britney's baby's eye color, gum left on a sidewalk color, and some hypercolor ones. In time...