Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpc12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
I have a ongoing issue with safari at my house.

- running 2 iPads , 1 MBA , 2 macbooks and a mini . All the devices have the issue I'm trying to resolve.

I have comcast cable Internet 50 down 10 up.

The Issue :

Every time I use safari on any device, I can function normally for about 10 minutes while using google then I get pop up about verifying servers. See pic below.

y3enanuz.jpg

Once this starts I am pretty much screwed. I can select cancel a few times but after that when I do a search it displays the white screen stating invalid server.

If I click continue it just goes to the same invalid server page.

I will post a pic of the invalid server page when it happens again.

After an hour the symptoms usually go away and google then works fine again, though the last time the issue occurred it only lasted about 5 minutes then it went away.

This has been happening to me for over 18 months, I've had 3 different broadband providers in this time frame as well so I doubt it's provide related.

All my devices are current on software updates etc...

I have asked questions related of this several times in many forums I have still not found a resolution. I'm surprised that this is not a common issue ? Am I the only person who deals with this.

Any suggestions would be great. Getting a little frustrated over here .)

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
I have a ongoing issue with safari at my house.

- running 2 iPads , 1 MBA , 2 macbooks and a mini . All the devices have the issue I'm trying to resolve.

I have comcast cable Internet 50 down 10 up.

The Issue :

Every time I use safari on any device, I can function normally for about 10 minutes while using google then I get pop up about verifying servers. See pic below.

Once this starts I am pretty much screwed. I can select cancel a few times but after that when I do a search it displays the white screen stating invalid server.

If I click continue it just goes to the same invalid server page.

I will post a pic of the invalid server page when it happens again.

After an hour the symptoms usually go away and google then works fine again, though the last time the issue occurred it only lasted about 5 minutes then it went away.

This has been happening to me for over 18 months, I've had 3 different broadband providers in this time frame as well so I doubt it's provide related.

All my devices are current on software updates etc...

I have asked questions related of this several times in many forums I have still not found a resolution. I'm surprised that this is not a common issue ? Am I the only person who deals with this.

Any suggestions would be great. Getting a little frustrated over here .)

Try to reset network and settings and clear the history,cookies and data from safari in settings app.Let me now if it worked.It happened to me too when I was using the sync safari tabs feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.