PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] Screen Protector/Anti Glare

darkloki
Apr 7, 2013, 08:36 AM
Why doesn't Apple offer Anti-GLare Screen protectors at their store? I realize that yeah I could probably go to a bestbuy or some other store and find/get a screen protector but I've found that Apple Employees do the best installs on these devices as compared to anyone else. And frankly I need someone to install it on my IPAD more then any other device because the screen is so large as compared to an Iphone, and the possibly of a screwup (Bubbles) is highest if I were to install it.

But the apple stores don't even carry this product :confused:

iDuel
Apr 7, 2013, 11:18 AM
Why doesn't Apple offer Anti-GLare Screen protectors at their store? I realize that yeah I could probably go to a bestbuy or some other store and find/get a screen protector but I've found that Apple Employees do the best installs on these devices as compared to anyone else. And frankly I need someone to install it on my IPAD more then any other device because the screen is so large as compared to an Iphone, and the possibly of a screwup (Bubbles) is highest if I were to install it.

But the apple stores don't even carry this product :confused:

I think they do carry Power Support's HD Anti-Glare screen protector for both iPhone and iPad. I don't think they will install it, but it always helps to watch some online tutorials which will allow you to visually see the process as opposed to just reading it from a box.

donnaw
Apr 7, 2013, 04:56 PM
I love the Power Support anti-glare. Not only do they reduce the glare but you get no finger prints.

They are actually very easy to put on. Just be sure you have a clean place, a couple of pieces of tape handy and watch a tutorial. You won't get bubbles but you have to be careful about lint. If you happen to get lint under the protector you can easily lift a corner and remove it using the tape. Just fold the piece of tape over and use both sides to touch the screen and the protector.

And if you get a lot of lint you can gently wash the protector with a small bit of soap and water to clean it.

These aren't like the wet installs. Much, much easier.

dxstewart
Apr 7, 2013, 11:08 PM
I can't speak for all stores, but my local Radioshack put the screen protectors on for my Mom and sister.

maflynn
Apr 8, 2013, 07:46 AM
Many malls have kiosks that offer screen protectors. Outside my local applestore there's a ghost armor kiosk doing a killer business. I had them add a screen protector onto my iPad.

annaharris
Apr 8, 2013, 07:56 AM
I think Apple provides screen protector for iPhone as well as iPad, but they won't install it for you. You have to install the screen protector by yourself.

veken
Apr 10, 2013, 06:28 AM
I think Apple did not think it necessary.

darky90
Apr 18, 2013, 03:47 PM
A good quality screen protector may help too. I've used a Spigen one and I remember all I had to do was align it and it "melted" right onto my screen with no trapped bubbles. It was really amazing to watch because it looked like the screen protector melted like water when it went on contact with my screen.

On previous protectors, I had scotch tape handy to help with trapped dust. You can watch some youtube videos and get tutorials for help like others have mentioned too.

takeshi74
Apr 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
Why doesn't Apple offer Anti-GLare Screen protectors at their store?
Why are you asking us? Ask them. There are countless products that they don't carry. They probably carry what they determine to be in-demand products. You can't just assume that what you want is demanded by the masses.

darkloki
Mar 6, 2014, 08:23 PM
Why are you asking us? Ask them. There are countless products that they don't carry. They probably carry what they determine to be in-demand products. You can't just assume that what you want is demanded by the masses.

Thanks Ass-Hole

SpyderBite
Mar 6, 2014, 08:30 PM
I refused to apply screen protectors for people when I was a genius/frs. Too many people were picky about the application results and wanted us to eat the cost of another set when it wasn't done just right.

The store I worked at did not require us to do it if we didn't want to. There were always other employees willing to do it so I usually just referred them and went on to my next appt. With the exception of anti-glare I always felt these were a waste of money on a scratch resistant screen anyways.

Kangda
Mar 6, 2014, 09:42 PM
I am using the Tech Armor Anti-Glare/Fingerprint screen protector on my mini retina. Economical, three in a pack, and you can't best their lifetime guarantee and free replacements (even for user error)! It does reduce the clarity of the screen a little, but minimizes fingerprints. You just have to weigh the pros and cons of the Clear HD versus the Anti-Glare. Want great resolution and clarity with fingerprints? Pick Clear HD. Want minimal fingerprints at the expense of clarity? Pick Anti-Glare. Some Apple employees will be nice and put them on for you. Others just don't want to risk doing a shabby job.

LostAggie
Mar 9, 2014, 01:46 AM
Go for the MediaDevil sold on Amazon... Best I have found for anti glare and I have tried many...