PDA

View Full Version : [iPad] iPad Smart Cover $17 shipped on eBay

rockyroad55
Apr 8, 2013, 08:21 PM
The price seems a bit too good to be true but over 1000 sold and there's a slickdeals thread on it also!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Apple-iPad-2-3-4-Leather-Smart-Cover-RED-MD304LL-A-Original-Authentic-/370712072345?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item5650295099

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/92608/ebay-apple-ipad-leather-smart-cover-in-black-navy-or-red-open-box

TC25
Apr 9, 2013, 03:26 AM
The price seems a bit too good to be true but over 1000 sold!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Apple-iPad-2-3-4-Leather-Smart-Cover-RED-MD304LL-A-Original-Authentic-/370712072345?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item5650295099

No, Ive never bought from this seller. But $17 dollars, wow, that's a lot to risk with a seller with only 28,469 transactions and only a 99.8% Positive feedback rating.

You were right to start a new thread asking about them. I would not purchase from them until at least 3 people respond in this thread with positive experiences.

rockyroad55
Apr 9, 2013, 08:32 AM
No, Ive never bought from this seller. But $17 dollars, wow, that's a lot to risk with a seller with only 28,469 transactions and only a 99.8% Positive feedback rating.

You were right to start a new thread asking about them. I would not purchase from them until at least 3 people respond in this thread with positive experiences.

Thanks for the sarcasm? :p

EDH667
Apr 9, 2013, 08:44 AM
The price seems a bit too good to be true but over 1000 sold!

I haven't purchased from this specific seller, but I did purchase a black leather new but opened leather Smart Cover from another seller. They are usually customer returns and are like new, maybe used a couple of times. Also since this seller has a good return policy, you can return the cover if it doesn't meet your expectations.

TC25
Apr 9, 2013, 09:48 AM
Also since this seller has a good return policy, you can return the cover if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Wow! Was this information available on eBay for anyone to read or do you have special access to the seller's policy?

vmaniqui
Apr 9, 2013, 12:07 PM
You have eBay purchase protection. Why worry - and the seller has 14 day return policy.

rockyroad55
Apr 9, 2013, 12:52 PM
That's true. I just bought one. It's a pretty nice price compared to the $69 that apple charges.

rgctx
Apr 9, 2013, 03:53 PM
All his items are "new" open box (meaning no plastic) just makes me raise a suspicion.

dtjay7
Apr 9, 2013, 06:25 PM
I have ordered from several times. The latest is two smart covers, each for the $17, a red leather and a blue leather. The both came today. I am really happy with them. They have both been opened and then replaced into the package. The are both in great condition.

I have in the past gotten a 45w Mag-safe charger that was sold as used. It didn't work, they just sent me another one without any problem. I didn't even need to waste money sending it back to them.

rockyroad55
Apr 9, 2013, 09:13 PM
I have ordered from several times. The latest is two smart covers, each for the $17, a red leather and a blue leather. The both came today. I am really happy with them. They have both been opened and then replaced into the package. The are both in great condition.

I have in the past gotten a 45w Mag-safe charger that was sold as used. It didn't work, they just sent me another one without any problem. I didn't even need to waste money sending it back to them.

Nice. I assumed they were customer returns and they have to sell them as open box and not new, legally.

rockyroad55
Apr 11, 2013, 04:12 PM
Slickdeals has caught onto it. Lots of people received theirs and seem legit. I'm getting mine this Saturday hopefully.

vmaniqui
Apr 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
Slickdeals has caught onto it. Lots of people received theirs and seem legit. I'm getting mine this Saturday hopefully.

did apple ever released a leather smart cover ?

rockyroad55
Apr 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
did apple ever released a leather smart cover ?

Yeah. They've been available since the Smart Cover was ever released.

Medic311
Apr 11, 2013, 06:24 PM
i got mine on Monday in the product red leather.

it's legit. i used to have an actual new one purchased from an Apple store but i ended up returning it last year. everything is identical - same imprints in the same location, serial # is in the same location, and it smells identical.

this one has a little nick on the front, about the diameter size of a .5mm stick of graphite. you can only see it if you look close. i don't really care since i only paid $17 for it (vs $69). i'm guessing this is why it was returned - the customer saw the nick and said no way since they paid $69 (i can't blame them). for $17 though, it's perfectly fine.

i combined this with a red see-thru back plate from amazon for $9.99. so for $27 i have my entire iPad covered

BarryL
Apr 11, 2013, 08:46 PM

it's legit. i used to have an actual new one purchased from an Apple store but i ended up returning it last year. everything is identical - came imprints in the same location, serial # is in the same location, and it smells identical.

this one has a little nick on the front, about the diameter size of a .5mm stick of graphite. you can only see it if you look close. i don't really care since i only paid $17 for it (vs $69). i'm guessing this is why it was returned - the customer saw the nick and said no way since they paid $69 (i can't blame them). for $17 though, it's perfectly fine.

i combined this with a red see-thru back plate from amazon for $9.99. so for $27 i have my entire iPad covered

Good deal, I am going to buy one now too. Thanks for the info.

rockyroad55
Apr 12, 2013, 12:27 PM

it's legit. i used to have an actual new one purchased from an Apple store but i ended up returning it last year. everything is identical - same imprints in the same location, serial # is in the same location, and it smells identical.

Now I really can't wait for mine to come in!