PDA

View Full Version : Help with audio Solution

Lil Chillbil
Apr 8, 2013, 10:15 PM
Ok So I need a decent audio solution for my youtube talk show Two geeks talk, And I was wondering how I could record both the audio from my mic in the studio and the audio coming directly out of my macs analog outpout port on Skype. What I was thinking about doing is buying a mdd, run a splitter that then connects the imacs output audio to both my headset and to the mdds mic input, and then to get audio from my mic both to skype and the mdd running audacity. I would hook up another splitter to that and run it to both the mic inputs on both computers

does this sound like a reasonable solution ?

cheekypaul
Apr 9, 2013, 02:07 AM
what's a mdd?

Lil Chillbil
Apr 9, 2013, 10:46 AM
what's a mdd?

oh you poor little powerpcless Soul :rolleyes:

An Mdd was apples "Mac Pro" for the years 2002-2003 they are great little workhorses and featured dual processors up to 1.42ghz
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/PowerMac_G4_MDD_open.jpg

They were used for graphics desgin and Video editing as well as sound design by a lot of pros up until round 2009 by that time most had went intel
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/37/78962661_d0de5a3812_z.jpg

cheekypaul
Apr 9, 2013, 11:04 AM
oh you poor little powerpcless Soul :rolleyes:

ha! the nerve! ;)

yes, i know those machines well, but hadn't seen them abbreviated to mdd. we must move different circles...
what, pray tell, does mdd stand for? mirrored door (something). aren't they noisy in the fan department?

regarding your situation, why would you buy another computational :apple: machine to do this? is there a reason i'm missing in the question?

Lil Chillbil
Apr 9, 2013, 11:42 AM
ha! the nerve! ;)

yes, i know those machines well, but hadn't seen them abbreviated to mdd. we must move different circles...
what, pray tell, does mdd stand for? mirrored door (something). aren't they noisy in the fan department?

regarding your situation, why would you buy another computational :apple: machine to do this? is there a reason i'm missing in the question?

It stands for Mirrored Drive Doors. yes they are loud but I plan to quiet down the power supply. overclock it to 1.5ghz a core max out everything, hook it up to dual 23inch cinema displays and use it in my small stuidio to record two geeks talk episodes. Then I would edit everything in Audacity while my other mac is free to do things that the mdd just isn't suited for.