Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
handbrake was given me the the 'no valid title' message on a couple dvds. Ripping in mac the ripper and encoding in ffmpegx brings up an error in quicktime..any other decent encoding apps?

asherman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
SF Bay Area, CA
Sky Blue said:
handbrake was given me the the 'no valid title' message on a couple dvds. Ripping in mac the ripper and encoding in ffmpegx brings up an error in quicktime..any other decent encoding apps?

try mac the ripper and then using handbrake...

i've had similar problems, with "corrupted AC3" and sometimes it just stops...any other tips, people?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
mac the ripper with dvd remaster. Mac the ripper is free...dvd remaster was like $50. worth every penny

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
asherman13 said:
try mac the ripper and then using handbrake...

i've had similar problems, with "corrupted AC3" and sometimes it just stops...any other tips, people?

I second that.

I've used Mac the Ripper before, but as I ready up for an iPod+v I tried Handbrake by itself and got a few errors.

So I'm using Mac the ripper to extract and handbrake to do 320x240. Takes a while, but it works.

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
i've used mac the ripper, but handbrake still says 'no valid title'..if i do it through ffmpegx i get an error message in QT, but it plays fine through VLC...:( :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.