Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josephdj94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
Hi

Having problems with my 2009 Mac Mini 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo. Just upgrading the computer with a 128GB SSD and upgrading the RAM from 4GB to 8GB.

I installed the new RAM and when trying to first boot the computer got the three beeping sounds indicating problems with the RAM seating. So I opened up the computer and re seated the RAM. I tried this several times but with no result. I put back in the original RAM and the computer booted up fine. So its not a problem with the slots.

The RAM I have purchased is Kingston KTA-MB1333K2/8G 8GB. Do I have a compatibility issue? Or could it be faulty RAM? I tried both sticks separately and still got the problem.

Many Thanks!

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Hi

Having problems with my 2009 Mac Mini 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo. Just upgrading the computer with a 128GB SSD and upgrading the RAM from 4GB to 8GB.

I installed the new RAM and when trying to first boot the computer got the three beeping sounds indicating problems with the RAM seating. So I opened up the computer and re seated the RAM. I tried this several times but with no result. I put back in the original RAM and the computer booted up fine. So its not a problem with the slots.

The RAM I have purchased is Kingston KTA-MB1333K2/8G 8GB. Do I have a compatibility issue? Or could it be faulty RAM? I tried both sticks separately and still got the problem.

Many Thanks!

Mactracker app shows 1066mhz ram used in 2009 minis.

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.