Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...eGtIqNMm0m/15.SLID?mco=2DD8382&nplm=TE910LL/A

It's called the Marware Protection Pack and it comes with a hand rest for your Powerbook - to protect it from being scratched by watches and such, and also presumably to type more comforatably - and also a keyboard cover (which I'm not as interested in, since I've read they get gross and linty).

I'm worried about typing for long hours and wondering what I can do to make the PB more comfortable to type on. Would this work, has anyone here tried it, and/or do you have any other advice?

Thanks!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I don't think that will make your PB any more comfortable. It's purpose is more to protect the palm rests against pitting, getting dirty, etc.

It's kinda sad that customers spend all this $$$ on a laptop and then more on things to protect it.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
ITASOR said:
I don't think that will make your PB any more comfortable. It's purpose is more to protect the palm rests against pitting, getting dirty, etc.

It's kinda sad that customers spend all this $$$ on a laptop and then more on things to protect it.

I think so too. While I'm guilty of spending a lot on microfiber and iKlear, I think those things just mar the beauty of the PB, ironically.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
dferrara said:
While I'm guilty of spending a lot on microfiber and iKlear, I think those things just mar the beauty of the PB, ironically.

Haha, I agree. Part of the reason I don't have an iCurve. While it probably is the best looking stand on the market, I still don't think it looks that great on my desk. I much prefer just having the PowerBook alone.

ic1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2005
Jay42 said:
Haha, I agree. Part of the reason I don't have an iCurve. . .
Hmm, in general I have to agree except for the iCurve bit. Looks great and I've lost track of the number of people who think Apple made it as part of the Powerbook setup, especially when they see Apple's BT keyboard next to it.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Jay42 said:
Haha, I agree. Part of the reason I don't have an iCurve. While it probably is the best looking stand on the market, I still don't think it looks that great on my desk. I much prefer just having the PowerBook alone.

Get the Macally IcePad. You can't really see it under the powerbook and it is also good as a lapdesk when opened fully. It also has saved my wrists from carpal tunnel...

Aliquis

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2004
Utah
Check MacMice for their cooling iBreeze. It's only $25 and it flippin' rocks. Great stand, and also runs off the USB power, and doesn't use much at that.

Greenone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Oh my God I love this thing I'm typing on! It came in the mail today. SO COMFY to use on my desk and I can only imagine how great it's gonna be to kick back on my couch with (has rubber on the top AND the bottom - so the laptop won't slip off one's clothing and onto the floor). Check it out:

http://www.laptopdesk.net/laptopdesk2f.php

It's seriously wonderful. But I just googled it quickly and didn't necessarily buy it from this company (I might have - not sure). Point is, if you get one, compare prices. I found the cheapest one I could fine. I also like the mouse pad extension!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.