PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card question

PowerMike G5
Oct 23, 2005, 07:42 PM
Hey guys ... long time reader, but first time poster :-)

I have a Quad G5 on the way with the stock video card. My question is how does this Nvidia 6600 compare to the Ati X800 XT that I have in my current G5? My gut is telling me it won't be nearly as powerful as my current Ati card. Thoughts or comments?

Also, I am trying to list my current Dual 2.5Ghz G5 in the Marketplace section of this forum, but it won't let me start a thread there ... anyone know why? I can start a thread on every other section in this forum except that one ... weird ...

-Mike

risc
Oct 23, 2005, 07:52 PM
My question is how does this Nvidia 6600 compare to the Ati X800 XT that I have in my current G5? My gut is telling me it won't be nearly as powerful as my current Ati card. Thoughts or comments?

Also, I am trying to list my current Dual 2.5Ghz G5 in the Marketplace section of this forum, but it won't let me start a thread there ... anyone know why?

You are correct about the 6600 versus the X800, not even close. The only card that compares (well actually flogs) would be the nVIDIA 7800 GT when it arrives. :(

You need 100 posts minimum before you can post in the Maketplace section on this forum, so stop people spamming advertising.

osprey76
Oct 23, 2005, 08:11 PM
A comparison among many graphics cards can be found here:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050524/index.html

The X800 is more powerful than the 6600, but less than I expected. The 7800 is not on that list, but there is a separate article in that area of the site.

Demon Hunter
Oct 23, 2005, 08:13 PM
I would give the 6600 a spin, it might be better than you think. :)

PowerMike G5
Oct 23, 2005, 08:19 PM
You are correct about the 6600 versus the X800, not even close. The only card that compares (well actually flogs) would be the nVIDIA 7800 GT when it arrives. :(

You need 100 posts minimum before you can post in the Maketplace section on this forum, so stop people spamming advertising.

Thanks for the info, Its a shame ... I really wanted to offer my Dual 2.5ghz G5 here, but oh well .... I suppose anyone interested can let me know. Thanks.

doucy2
Oct 23, 2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the info, Its a shame ... I really wanted to offer my Dual 2.5ghz G5 here, but oh well .... I suppose anyone interested can let me know. Thanks.
im intersted in your G5
PM me the specs for it