PDA

View Full Version : Calling it a "ViPod?"

BurtonCCC
Oct 23, 2005, 07:57 PM
Anybody else heard this? I've seen it used several times around the threads. It's clever and easier than saying "iPod with Video." Do you think it'll catch on at all?

Daniel

musiclover137
Oct 23, 2005, 08:19 PM
are you being serious?

there is no reason to call it a ViPod. it is simply the new iPod which happens to play video.

J|D
Oct 23, 2005, 08:24 PM
are you being serious?

there is no reason to call it a ViPod. it is simply the new iPod which happens to play video.

I have to agree, because, i'm sure everyone knows by now, its not THE video iPod. "ViPod", to me, implies "video iPod".

iDM
Oct 23, 2005, 08:38 PM
Why is this such a debate? I've seen alot of people get really bent out of shape about this topic. I just bought one and i can honestly say i don't care what people call it VidPod, ViPod, iPod with video, i think to eliminate all of this "controversy" we should just call it what i think everyone would agree upon, 5th Gen.

AliensAreFuzzy
Oct 23, 2005, 09:36 PM
I call it the iPod 5G

BurtonCCC
Oct 24, 2005, 01:39 AM
I don't know why people are freaking out on me. I never said it was right.

Daniel

Xeem
Oct 24, 2005, 02:15 AM
I'll back the "5th Gen iPod", and hope that "viPods" go away....

mad jew
Oct 24, 2005, 02:15 AM
So long as it can be differentiated easily from other iPods I really don't know that it matters.

I'll probably continue to call it the video iPod unless people strongly object. ViPod seems a little clumsy for me though, but I have a lazy tongue. :(

Sky Blue
Oct 24, 2005, 02:30 AM
gahhhhhhhh
it annoys me when people say vpod, it was hoping it would go away after it was released, but no!