PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q.

neoelectronaut
Oct 23, 2005, 07:58 PM
I bought a 30GB 3G iPod today from my place of business for $100 today. Obviously it was used, and obviously it's scratched to hell. (Not heavily, just the sort of "typical usage" scratches.) So, then, what's the best inexpensive solution for these scratches? To be honest, I could live with the scratches on the back and the ones on the actual white parts. (Except maybe one on the wheel...) For the most part, I'm just interested in getting some of the scratches off the screen area.

Ideas?

J|D
Oct 23, 2005, 08:09 PM
I've heard about dedicated scratch removers like iClean and others ones like Brasso. But I found a cheaper alternative.....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Displex-Mobile-Phone-Display-Polish-Scratch-Remover_W0QQitemZ5819207415QQcategoryZ41343QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I tried it out on my 4G Photo and it worked pretty well, however, its effectiveness does depend on how deep the scratches are. Luckily, those I treated were very light, as I treat all my gadgets with the upmost care, (but scratches sometimes just can't be helped).

I tried it out on my friends iPod and did'nt get as good results as mine, the scratches were pretty deep.

If the scratches on your screen are deep, I would recommend iClean, i've read some positive reviews about it.

doucy2
Oct 23, 2005, 08:11 PM
go on ebay and buy a generic silicon skin for $4 that will solve all of your problems and prevent any furthor scratching

neoelectronaut
Oct 23, 2005, 08:35 PM
So I would suppose the oft-recommended toothpaste method isn't such a good idea for screen fixin'?