PDA

View Full Version : few questions on new ipod...

kyle2
Oct 23, 2005, 09:42 PM
i just got my ipod and have a few troubles... first, how do i get my video files onto the ipod? they can go into the video section on itunes but they wont transfer to my ipod....also, my ipod wont say "ok to disconnect" after i load some things on it....i just press the eject button but i dont think youre supposed to do that...also, how do u put the album artwork on?..any help is greatly appreciated

davidcb13
Oct 23, 2005, 09:45 PM
The problem is your video either isnt in the right format for the ipod or there is some type of protection on it. (your not trying to use the music videos from aol are you)
Its fine to press the eject button in iTunes to disconnect the ipod.

To put album art on the iPod just go to get info and paste the picture when it says album art or just drag the album art into the album art box in the lower left of iTunes

corywoolf
Oct 23, 2005, 09:50 PM
The problem is your video either isnt in the right format for the ipod or there is some type of protection on it. (your not trying to use the music videos from aol are you)
Its fine to press the eject button in iTunes to disconnect the ipod.

To put album art on the iPod just go to get info and paste the picture when it says album art or just drag the album art into the album art box in the lower left of iTunes

no it's not fine, if you have it drive enabled. eject it from the Finder or My Computer first.

nightdweller25
Oct 23, 2005, 10:24 PM
no it's not fine, if you have it drive enabled. eject it from the Finder or My Computer first.
Actually, it IS fine, whether you eject it from iTunes, Finder, or My Computer doesn't make a single difference.

Alasta
Oct 24, 2005, 12:56 AM
Furthermore, you will probably find that you'll have to eject your iPod manually whenever you've finished using it if you have it 'enabled for disk use'. Otherwise, it should eject automatically each time iTunes has finished syncronising your music.

This setting can be changed in 'preferences', under 'ipod'.