PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare/Warranty/Repair Help

Lurk
Oct 23, 2005, 10:11 PM
Hello everyone, I have an old iPod 4G (not color) that has a problem that I can't fix. Details below:
Exclamation Folder Error - Reset or restore does not resolve
I tried changing USB ports, formatting it, resetting it, just about everything. It just doesn't want to be fixed.. I tried this on both Mac and PC, various PCs.

I ordered this last year, I believe it was August 9th, 2004, so the warranty has ran out. I'm wondering if purchasing Apple Care now would let me extend my warranty. To simplify this... My warranty has ran out, can I still buy the AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPod? To be sure, after getting AppleCare (if I can), would I be able to send it in and have this little problem resolved?

When I installed software from the CD, I registered it (forgot I hadn't all this time). A few days after, I got a call from Apple informing me about how my warranty has been expired and that I can buy AppleCare. I responded with "I'll probably buy this later." The woman said that this was my last chance (phone call). I still denied it (Already had the video iPod in mind).

Question from that phone call: Was it really my last chance to purchase AppleCare for my old iPod?

Thanks in advance!
Lurk

Demon Hunter
Oct 23, 2005, 10:54 PM
Once the warranty expires (August 9, 2005) you can't buy AppleCare for it. :(

I don't know what that error means, but if it's a software error it should be fixable!

Lurk
Oct 24, 2005, 12:01 AM
Damn, so the woman was right after all. :( Something I was hoping not to be true.

Edit:
Well... Any suggestions?
I tried resetting it, restoring it, switching USB ports, formatting, disk check, and doing this on both a mac and various PCs.