Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Wow, really sad. But not really surprising, they've barely produced anything recently.

I hope they release the source to their games, or at least to their games that were never ported to OS X. I'd love to be able to play Ferazel's Wand again. There was going to be an OS X update for it but it got canned because its developer left Ambrosia without finishing his next game, and Ambrosia got mad at him, wouldn't let him maintain FW anymore and even banned him from its forums. That made me sad.

Huginnmuninn

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2011
iToner competed with Garageband for free ringtone-creation (something which was a fad to begin with), and Snapz Pro never bothered to keep up with the less expensive competition which offered more features to boot. The company was coasting for quite a while.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
I was always hoping for a Redline 2 along with another Aquaria type release. Hopefully they can hold on and find a hit software release to get them going again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.