PDA

View Full Version : After replacing MBA LCD now I have dim and redish-tint and limited viewing angle

cheeseandrice
Apr 11, 2013, 01:49 PM
PROBLEM: I replaced my cracked LCD on my MBA but now it is dim, has a limited viewing angle and a red-ish tint. I tried another replacement display and had the same problem. Any techs out there run into this after a replacement screen?

What I have tried:
1. Adjusting the brightness #fail
2. Calibrating the monitor with a screen calibration device #fail

My concerns:
1. Perhaps I installed the first plastic layer behind the screen backwards, could this cause this?
2. I installed the layers in the wrong order?
Current order, starting with the one touching the screen moving back. 1. non tabbed reflective-ish sheet 2. tabbed hazy sheet 3. tabbed hazy sheet with thin line around the entire edge

Any advice?

cheeseandrice
Apr 11, 2013, 02:23 PM
PROBLEM: I replaced my cracked LCD on my MBA but now it is dim, has a limited viewing angle and a red-ish tint. I tried another replacement display and had the same problem. Any techs out there run into this after a replacement screen?

What I have tried:
1. Adjusting the brightness #fail
2. Calibrating the monitor with a screen calibration device #fail

My concerns:
1. Perhaps I installed the first plastic layer behind the screen backwards, could this cause this?
2. I installed the layers in the wrong order?
Current order, starting with the one touching the screen moving back. 1. non tabbed reflective-ish sheet 2. tabbed hazy sheet 3. tabbed hazy sheet with thin line around the entire edge

Any advice?

I had installed the first layer backwards. Amazing how flipping that one layer made everything look perfect.