PDA

View Full Version : Grado SR 60/SR 80/SR 125

Jesus
Oct 24, 2005, 08:51 AM
Re grado headphones
a) Worth the price?
b) Comfortable?
c) easy to use on the go or with an iPod?

I have heard that grado headphones are uncomfortable after an hour or so. Is this true?

Jesus

stoid
Oct 24, 2005, 08:55 AM
I've heard that the Grado's are excellent headphones, and am also interested in picking up a pair. If not the Grado SR series, what would you suggest for the title of best headphones in the $100-$175 range?

mulletman13
Oct 24, 2005, 09:41 AM
The Grados are *wonderful*, best headphones you can buy for the price hands down. Unless you want a closed circumaural phone, in which case look to another brand (Alessandro or Sennheiser come to mind).

As for being comfortable, you're not relaly going to want to wear the SR80 and up for over an hour or two (at least my ears hurt, but they are very small) and the SR60 ships with different pads which are more comfortable. I highly recommend the Grado cans as they are a step up on anything else in this business (at the sub 200 price range).

Also, check out Head-Fi (http://www.head-fi.org), they have a TON of interesting information, as well as a specific Grado headphone that is exclusive only to their members :) Great community as well.

Good luck!