PDA

View Full Version : SheepSaver - Having fun with system 7

maflynn
Apr 12, 2013, 08:09 AM
I finally decided to spend some time to get SheepSaver up and running. I initially had some success with Mini vMac but I think I'm having more success with SheepShaver.

I was able to fire this bad boy up with System 7.5 and I was able to get the SimCity up and running as well :D
http://webimg.net/SheepShaver.png

I had OS9 running with a NewWorld rom, but I think its running better with System 7 (and an OldWorld rom). I was getting a virtual ram error with Mac OS9 that I'm not getting with system 7 and performance seems a bit snappier as well.

Jessica Lares
Apr 12, 2013, 08:53 AM
Oh yeah, it's fun using OS 7 in fullscreen widescreen, it's just ironic kinda.

Mac Hammer Fan
Apr 13, 2013, 08:42 AM
Classic runs better on Power Pc Macs than Sheepshaver. In the case of Sheepshaver, some applications (useful for me) don't work.

maflynn
Apr 14, 2013, 05:38 AM
Classic runs better on Power Pc Macs than Sheepshaver. In the case of Sheepshaver, some applications (useful for me) don't work.

The emulation does run some stuff, I was surprised it was running simcity and it was doing a decent job - not great but not bad.

If you see my other threads, I'm poking around ebay for a cheap laptop, mostly a Pismo, or maybe a TiBook. Its fun to play with and I enjoy the classic OS, through I'm starting to remember the issues with extensions :)