PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook transport question

MrVegas
Oct 24, 2005, 10:45 AM
When I close the lid on my G5 15" Powerbook does it lock the hard drive for safety in transportation or do I have to do something else?

Thanks,
Bob

robbieduncan
Oct 24, 2005, 10:50 AM
When I close the lid on my G5 15" Powerbook does it lock the hard drive for safety in transportation or do I have to do something else?

Thanks,
Bob

It parks the heads, yes.

MrVegas
Oct 24, 2005, 11:53 AM
great, thanks !

Greenone
Oct 24, 2005, 11:19 PM
Actually, I was going to post a similar question: I bought one of those dorky backpacks on wheels (with text books and a laptop, there's no way I'm going to do that to my back!). I want to know if the constant jiggling and bumping on the sidewalks/streets could hurt the laptop in any way besides possibly light scratching, if that. ??

OutThere
Oct 24, 2005, 11:35 PM
Actually, I was going to post a similar question: I bought one of those dorky backpacks on wheels (with text books and a laptop, there's no way I'm going to do that to my back!). I want to know if the constant jiggling and bumping on the sidewalks/streets could hurt the laptop in any way besides possibly light scratching, if that. ??

Just working on common sense it seems to me that it could cause a little more wear on the internal parts. Your body moves much more smoothly than tiny rollers on cement, but if you are worried about your back, I'd guess it couldn't do a whole lot of damage to the laptop to have a little more bumbing about.

Greenone
Oct 25, 2005, 12:01 AM
Just working on common sense it seems to me that it could cause a little more wear on the internal parts. Your body moves much more smoothly than tiny rollers on cement, but if you are worried about your back, I'd guess it couldn't do a whole lot of damage to the laptop to have a little more bumbing about.

Yes this is what I feared. I bought a nice-sized (not too big, not too small) laptop bag (can convert to backpack, also) the other day, because of this fear. I figured I can carry that over my shoulder and wheel my heavy books like an ol' granny (I'm so embarrassed about doing this at a college campus!) without hurting my back much at all. Thanks!