Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
So I write an email to Tim Cook. Nothing really special about it, just the typical random mail that you send to a very important CEO, hoping that he can read it and answer back.

I didn't have any expectation to be honest, but a few hours later I received a letter from Corporate Executive Relation, thanking me for contacting Tim Cook and saying that my email "concerns an issue that [they] feel would be best handled in a phone conversation".

I have to recognize that it was weird. It's the first time that I receive this feedback. I've tried to email Steve Jobs in the past (probably like everybody), but I never got an answer from a representative trying to contact me by phone.

So is this normal or at least frequent?

macs4nw

macrumors 601
I can't comment on whether this is normal or usual, but I would say, consider yourself lucky that you received a phone call from them. I imagine that they get thousands of eMails weekly, and they just can't possibly answer them all. I've personally eMailed Tim Cook twice about what I consider to be a very real security issue, concerning customer data, and have not been as lucky to receive a reply. They perhaps don't want to deal with issues for which they don't have a solution, or those that are not going to get a lot of negative press. :confused:

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
I emailed Cook once, received an immediate phone call I assume from the information in my then MobileMe account. I was shocked and dumbfounded honestly but I had an iphone replacement that very same day from my local Apple store. That one particular issue made me an apple customer for life and an employee. That type of service is few and far between.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Well, in my case they don't seem to have my real phone number, that's why this person asked me to give him a real number so he can call me later.

Anyway, truth be said I don't require any replacement or something in order to resolve my issue. I just criticized Tim earlier because some particular Apple's policy and the way they treat personal information (I had a bad experience in two stores).

I was just curious. Maybe it's an issue that they wouldn't like to be disclosed, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I sent him an email a couple of weeks ago, never got a response. I was asking to not let Aperture die, but rather upgrade it. It was worded in a way that I felt was professional and not demanding.

I'm not disappointed by the non response but I was hoping nonetheless

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Maybe a little more ranting and screaming would have helped??? ;)
I sent him an email a couple of weeks ago, never got a response. I was asking to not let Aperture die, but rather upgrade it. It was worded in a way that I felt was professional and not demanding.

I'm not disappointed by the non response but I was hoping nonetheless

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
You might be right, though I wonder if the non-answer about the long term viability of Aperture is the answer :(

I'd be surprised if they let aperture die. I'd imagine its just a massive overhaul going on.

If it did though, sod lightroom, I'd be straight onto capture one.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I got a reply from Steve Jobs once - basically, it was when I wasn't being very careful on the topic of pricing, and he completely ripped some of my maths apart :eek:

Oh well, an e-mail from a tech genius is always nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.