PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare

whoknows87
Apr 12, 2013, 09:58 PM
Good idea to buy AppleCare from eBay and save a few bucks up to $100 will I have any trouble registering the Product?

rdunlap
Apr 13, 2013, 12:42 AM
Good idea to buy AppleCare from eBay and save a few bucks up to $100 will I have any trouble registering the Product?

No, I always buy my AppleCare from eBay. Just make sure that the seller is reputable so you don't get scammed.

cjgonzales1900
Apr 13, 2013, 03:16 AM
I would not buy from ebay. I have heard many stories about people purchasing apple care from eBay and everything being ok until they go to get there machine fixed under warranty than apple tells them they won't honor the warranty and since you don't have a receipt from a authorized reseller you can't do anything about it. Try finding someone in college and use their student discount.

whoknows87
Apr 13, 2013, 05:23 PM
I would not buy from ebay. I have heard many stories about people purchasing apple care from eBay and everything being ok until they go to get there machine fixed under warranty than apple tells them they won't honor the warranty and since you don't have a receipt from a authorized reseller you can't do anything about it. Try finding someone in college and use their student discount.

I do have the receipt from the authorized apple reseller , I have my student ID as well I forgot it applies to AppleCare as well that's the safest way then

thanks

stchman
Apr 14, 2013, 12:24 AM
My biggest peeve with Apple Care is that they don't cover drops and spills. Go with Square Trade.