Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exterminator

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

I have tried to do some research for a way to be able to view documents offline which are stored in the cloud.

Let me explain better my scenario. I use dropbox to store my most important documents and backups. Lately I have decided to store all Academic-related pdfs in a single folder.
This folder will undoubtedly contain a large number of PDF's very soon which I will need with me all the time on my iPAD.
My iPAD does not have a dedicated Data Connection and I won't always be near a Wi-Fi Spot.
I understand that as far as dropbox is concerned, I need to tick every PDF i want available offline... (which is a bit impossible - i cant stay accessing tens of folders to tick hundreds of pdfs ...)

Is there no solution/app/service that would allow me to select an ENTIRE folder and make it available always offline? (Detecting when there are new changes and immediately download the new files)
I heard of an app named GoodReader that can help but i cannot confirm as i dont have it.

Thanks in advance to all those who reply :)

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Documents by Readdle is free and has auto-sync for Dropbox, along with most other cloud storage services (Skydrive, Google Drive, Box, etc). Excellent app. Can't believe it's free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.