PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Mac Book Air/OS x 10.8

nakorn89
Apr 14, 2013, 01:18 AM
Hi all. I've just moved from Windows to Mac and having my first 13" Mac Book Air'12 configured to i7 2.0 GHz/8G Ram for about a week now. 70G of storage SSD is being trimmed out with boot-camp to accommodate Windows 7.

Everything was fine until couple of days ago, OS X seems to be sluggish and freezed every now and then particularly when try playing any media files. The cursor shows busy icon all the time even with youtube, While Windows 7 partition is working completely fine. This brings me to the decision to reset my "Macintosh HD" back to factory set up.

After googled through a number of how to tutorial on resetting, I would have a go on it. There are few questions I may need some helps here:-
1. When reset "Macintosh HD" partition, do I have any problem with my boot-camp partition (Win 7)
2. As far as I understand, no Mountain Lion disc is needed (I don't have one)
3. Does internet connection need during the process and if so, would my Wi Fi worked when I eras the partition. BTW, I also use "Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" for Lan connection, I also wonder if this will work during the resetting.

Any suggestions & helps would be greatly appreciated.