Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JTelcontar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
I am apparently in need of some help trying to find a case for my new iPad (4th gen). Received it as a gift last week and have been trying to find the "perfect" case ever since. I read through a ton of the topics on here but just not finding what I need.

I thought I had found the perfect case here:
IPEVO PV-01 360 Degree Rotating Folio Case

I received it in the mail on Friday afternoon, started using it (TOTALLY AWESOME!) and then discovered that the dye from the fabric is coming off all over my hands. I chose the black case (my preferred case color) and I had black finger tips just from playing around for about 15 mins checking the case out. If it were a piece of clothing, I'd toss it in the washer to get the extra dye out... but obviously that isn't going to work with an iPad case. I took my iPad out of it, and the back of the iPad had a bit of black dye smudged on it to (luckily it was easily cleaned off or I would have been quite angry). I sent an email to their support dept Friday evening but still waiting to hear back since it's the weekend. But it looks like this case is going back to Amazon. Really disappointed.

My requirements:
- Folio style that isn't flimsy-- I don't mind it being thick or a bit heavier
- Rotating so I can easily switch between portrait/landscape
- prefer that the Apple logo be hidden on the back of the case, instead of having the circle "window" like I see on a lot of the rotating folios
- bezel is not covered up completely-- need some margin so I can easily swipe at the very edge of the touchscreen (the IPEVO case was perfect for this)
- "smart" cover magnets NOT required (I plan on turning this setting off anyway so I don't care)
- FABRIC DYE DOES NOT RUB OFF ON MY FINGERS (ARGH)
- would be nice to have an area to put my stylus, but this isn't a huge issue

Do you guys have any suggestions? I've also checked out that Joy Factory rotating case, but I don't like that it doesn't have "grooves" where the iPad sits into to help stabilize. It looks like it relies on friction to not slip?

Thanks!

jassz39

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.