PDA

View Full Version : Audible iPod Video Problems

solidgoldmini
Oct 24, 2005, 05:29 PM
I'm posting about my problem sort of to see if anyone else here has the problem, and partly to let others know that they're not alone. I have a new 60GB iPod Video with a bunch of videos (that I put on there via exporting from Quicktime) and Audiobooks that I have purchased both from Audible.com directly and through the iTMS. The problem arises when:
1. Play a video, and then pause it anywhere before the end
2. Switch to an audiobook, and play it
The result: The audiobook will play, static will play, and the video you paused will play, sometimes in fast or slow speeds, all at the same time, while the screen will show you playing your audiobook. Pressing pause will pause all but the video's audio, which will continue to play unless you turn the iPod off. Resetting it via menu/select is the only way to hear the audiobook properly again.
I found a discussion on the Apple page about it, but I wanted to give the fine folks at MacRumors a heads up about it, because I was worried that there was something horribly wrong with my iPod. If anyone has had the problem, and spoken to an Apple Genius perhaps, please let us know. Otherwise I guess we wait for a Software Update.
Link to Apple Discussion: http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@387.ONT5apeGRzE.131286@.68bcc521