Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giocav89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Hey everyone, I've been trying to read through tons of threads and attempted all sorts of "fixes" with little success. I posted on the iPad discussion on the Apple website got 1 response :(. Basically, when I go on Safari and use the address bar, upon typing a letter, previous pages begin to be suggested or autofill I guess. It's also frustrating because it started happening on my iPhone 4S as well and I have tried all the points bellow, minus resetting the device.
I have tried the follow:
  • Clear history
  • Delete all bookmarks
  • Clear history on all iCloud devices
  • Close the safari app and reopen
  • Power off the device and reopen it
  • Turn off Safari from iCloud
  • Turn off iCloud completely
  • Reset the device from settings using "Erase All Content and Settings"
  • Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Data

I really thought that last one would be the solution to my problems, but somehow the stupid suggestions ARE STILL THERE! This doesn't make any sense to me and it's driving me crazy. Some help on the matter would be really appreciated. Thanks everyone!

giocav89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah that did nothing. Two things I noticed, however.
  • Of the 4 devices I have linked to my iCloud (Mac Mini, Macbook, iPad 2 & iPhone 4S), this problem is only happening on the iDevices.
  • The links that are staying in the history are random links from Safari on my Mac Mini. These pages, however, have since been erased from the Mac Mini's history since yesterday. (The history links on my iDevices changed to more recent ones today for some reason)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.