Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Can anyone post some pics of the sleeve that the iPod comes with please.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
tdogg20 said:
Can anyone post some pics of the sleeve that the iPod comes with please.

I got my 5G about two hours ago. The sleeve is a joke. It is a piece of crap.

I'll take the pics in a couple of minutes and post them.

snowmoon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Albany, NY
EricBrian said:
Great link, snowmoon.

I left the protective plastic on top of the screen so it won't scratch. And, when I go shopping tomorrow, I'm going to replace that with the protective plastic covers taht exist for Palm Pilots.

Ditto... I went to staples today, but they only had the pre-cut ones that would have been too small. I need some for my palm pilot as well!

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
I personally don't think its all that bad a case. Its not going to protect your ipod if you drop it, but at least it will keep the scratches to a minimum. When I first saw it in pictures I thought it was made of crappy plastic or something. At least its a soft case to put your ipod in. Im using it along with the invisible screen I just put on it. Not a bad combo, but its difficult to slide in and out like someone mentioned before.

tdogg20

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
anyone have any pics of there iPod in the case that show the front, back, sides, and bottom

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I'm fortunate that they at least give us a case to hold us over until we buy a nice one. I don't have the new iPod yet, but my dad does and his screen is already scratched. He said he whiped it with a napkin which is something I wouldn't do... but he doesn't mind. It's more of a hairline scratch than an actual one.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I don't have a new iPod, but I saw one in the store the other day. I was surprised at how cheap the sleeve looks. It really does look like a homemade craft project. Definitely not up to par with the usual Apple quality.

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
The way I see the case is that its just enough to be able to put it in a pocket and soft enough to avoid scratches in the pocket. So its good for what its for, just a nice soft piece of cloth.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
It actually looks a lot better than I thought it would be. I was expecting just a couple pieces of cloth sewed together, although I don't think the case would stop me from buying a new, better one.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
It isn't that bad, but I find its a very tight fit on the 60 gig. It is hard to get it in there.

whalesalad

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2005
I don't think Apple had any real plan to make this thing a protective skin for your iPod. They just included it to make you feel warm and mushy since you arent getting firewire or an ac charger. Plus, the damn thing scratches easier than a dog with fleas. Wow thats a crappy analogy ;P

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I've kept the protective plastic on thus far. I am scared, from all these reviews I've read. My 4th generation iPod Photo 30 gig did not have a single scratch on it. I took it outside, looked at it under all sorts of light. It was pristine. The only thing I put a protector on was the back.

However, it sounds like the 5th generation is a scratch shelter. :(

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
MacTruck said:
Any case that doesn't allow function of the ipod is worthless. You might as well use a sock for your ipod, it protects it better.
Not necessarly. The sleeve that comes with the 5G is nice when you're listening to your iPod but don't need to access it, like in the car. I'll just put my iPod in the sleeve and then put it away while I drive, and know that it'll be protected from scratches as it slides around in the car :)

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
mduser63 said:
I was surprised at how cheap the sleeve looks. It really does look like a homemade craft project. Definitely not up to par with the usual Apple quality.

I know, when I first got my new ipod, I was expecting a good case for it, like back when the 3G ipods came out, but now I only get this little sleeve...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.