Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm going on a geography field study next Monday and you need a camera - I thought I'd use my phone, which is fine, but since I'll be near (and in :eek: :p) rivers and ponds, I though I'd better protect it a bit better!

I have ordered an Ortlieb A6 Document case for waterproofing (link), but wanted a conventional case to put on my phone to protect from any bumps etc.

I have attached what I have in my basket right now, but obviously only wish to buy one! I'm torn between the black/white Speck Candyshell, or the black Speck PixelSkin HD.

Any help choosing would be appreciated, or could you recommend a better case altogether? I have a black iP5 if that makes a difference.

Bearing in mind I only want to spend <£15, as this will most likely be used for a few days next week and thats about it - I'm planning on sticking with my leather pouch after.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 17.27.10.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 17.27.10.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 141

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I haven't tried any of the Speck cases yet but why don't you look for video reviews on each case on YouTube? When I'm interested in a case, I always look for a video review so I know if its a good case for me or not

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I haven't tried any of the Speck cases yet but why don't you look for video reviews on each case on YouTube? When I'm interested in a case, I always look for a video review so I know if its a good case for me or not

Thanks, I have looked but just wanted to see what the MR community thought. I'm probably leaning towards the black CS but it's good to get input from other clever people :p

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I never played with the Pixel skin by Speck but I liked the white Candy shell I had on my white 4S. It did scratch easily but I loved it. I'm sure the black one is just as fine. If I was you, I'd wait so see other cases but in my personal experience, I'd go with the black candy shell since I never did try to pixel skin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.