PDA

View Full Version : Skype 2.8 video chat issues

kalel77
Apr 15, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hey everyone,
lately I'm experiencing a bothering issue with Skype on my PB G4 1.64 ghz with 10.5.8.
Basically since a couple of weeks ago, Skype let me do just the audio chats, not video calls anymore, I didn't change anything on my setup lately, isight, software version etc etc, everything is the still same.
It seems to happen just with the pc users. I remember that two weeks ago I got a message from the skype team warning me about some issue will come the days ahead.
Anyone having the same issue? It's this the new example of dropping old mac users? Any alternatives for video chat?
I already use iChat with mac users but what about the pc worlds?
Thank you for the support guys.
Cheers

rjcalifornia
Apr 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone,
lately I'm experiencing a bothering issue with Skype on my PB G4 1.64 ghz with 10.5.8.
Basically since a couple of weeks ago, Skype let me do just the audio chats, not video calls anymore, I didn't change anything on my setup lately, isight, software version etc etc, everything is the still same.
It seems to happen just with the pc users. I remember that two weeks ago I got a message from the skype team warning me about some issue will come the days ahead.
Anyone having the same issue? It's this the new example of dropping old mac users? Any alternatives for video chat?
I already use iChat with mac users but what about the pc worlds?
Thank you for the support guys.
Cheers

Actually the problem appears ONLY with those skype users that have 'migrated' from MSN messenger, which has a newer version of Skype. Regular skype users are able to send and view webcam.

kalel77
Apr 15, 2013, 05:36 PM
Actually the problem appears ONLY with those skype users that have 'migrated' from MSN messenger, which has a newer version of Skype. Regular skype users are able to send and view webcam.

So ti seems to be a momentary issue for the pc users mostly?