PDA

View Full Version : Notable 2 for iPad. Introducing Notebooks

AdamC93
Apr 15, 2013, 05:27 PM
http://s24.postimg.org/etnnqdj3p/banner_1_840.png

I have recently released an iPad app called Notable on the App Store and would love to hear feedback on the app!

I realise the application is 1.49 so contact me and I'll try and get you a voucher code to download if for free

It's hard for me to explain the application (and quite frankly the screenshots in the App Store do a better explanation than me anyway!)

View on the App Store here (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/notable/id621960785?mt=8)
Find us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Notable/266792850123388) too

Thanks for the interest!

smithydan
Apr 15, 2013, 08:51 PM
Two things all apps should have especially of this kind, 1) Dropbox and 2) pdf exporting and or 'open in' feature. Just a suggestion, cheers and good luck.

magic popo
Apr 16, 2013, 02:11 AM
I would like to have a trial if you send me a code to download it.

IRANAPPLE
Apr 16, 2013, 03:04 AM
Good luck , I like skeumorphism

AdamC93
Apr 16, 2013, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the comments! It means a lot!

My reason for not including Dropbox or similar is because I designed Notable to manage notes. It makes functionality and usability much better than just being 'another' Dropbox client.

I created Notable with the same idea behind iTunes, instead of folders which users have to rename and mess around with, Notable manages notes in a much easier way which requires little effort from the user and gives me a chance to use a much better design concept of the Notebook shelf and Timetable

I'd love to hear any more thoughts though! :)

Smeaton1724
Apr 16, 2013, 06:24 AM
Love the aesthetics of the app, love the size of the app, could be a real productivity tool.

Few questions, the 'weekly timetable' of appointments - is that taken from say google calendar or do I have to re-setup calendar events?

At the moment I use google calendar (through stock calendar app) and take notes in google drive, date them strictly so I can get chronological order and sync the url over.

Can I add calendar events and have the notes synced to each meeting in one app, Eliminating the stock calendar and notes apps down to this one?

Something like this would be great with icloud integration and cross support for iphone and ipad. Also like pages/numbers/keynote does the ability to pdf and send to another service aka "open in" would be good.

Alot of questions, I apologise!

AdamC93
Apr 16, 2013, 06:43 AM
Love the aesthetics of the app, love the size of the app, could be a real productivity tool.

First of all thanks! It really does mean a lot!

Few questions, the 'weekly timetable' of appointments - is that taken from say google calendar or do I have to re-setup calendar events?

As it currently stands, it does require you to set them up within the application. However, when I added my timetable it only took 5 minutes to do this. An import of calendar events is something I've been looking at and is definitely on my 'to do' list.

Can I add calendar events and have the notes synced to each meeting in one app, Eliminating the stock calendar and notes apps down to this one?

A reoccurring appointment manages its notes, so that should you open a different date, all of your notes will be there.

Something like this would be great with icloud integration and cross support for iphone and ipad. Also like pages/numbers/keynote does the ability to pdf and send to another service aka "open in" would be good.

iCloud and iPhone support is also something I plan to integrate. But for now, I see the iPad as the dominant iOS device for this type of application, so will be concentrating on getting the iPad app just right first.

Thanks for all of the input and questions! It makes me feel great that people appreciate the product too! :)

ikev85
Apr 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
it looks cool. I bought it to play around with it.

Dropbox support of notes would be nice as a backup or to be able to reference the notes elsewhere sort of like Plaintext does

AdamC93
Apr 17, 2013, 01:07 PM
it looks cool. I bought it to play around with it.

Dropbox support of notes would be nice as a backup or to be able to reference the notes elsewhere sort of like Plaintext does

Thank you :)

I am currently creating version 3, with iPhone/iPod Touch support and iCloud support. However, I have a pile of uni coursework to get through right now.

I'll post an update when it goes live though :)