Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
This is our first effort at a magazine, anyone interested in taking up the ball and running with the layout part for future editions, please get in touch. http://homepage.mac.com/salamanca1/sneuropa presentation/page6/page6.html

Ideally as I mentioned before here, we would like the designer to collaborate with the editor using top notch software. We did this one with Ragtime and it came out pretty nice, but it needs to be tightened up as a design, and we cant seem to get it right as far as live links and quick loading.

As far as monies are concerned, we are trying to make the magazine self financing. Until February we are paying for the translations, the principle outlay on the magazine. At this point we would withdraw financial support and the magazine would be self funding.

In the meantime we are also looking for a publicity person to put into action some revenue generating ideas.

The magazine links to our website which is to be frequented by students and teachers of Spanish and English. In turn the website links to a shop. All parts of the website interlink and help each other out and generate traffic. So no one person can take the credit for traffic or business - A community idea where those involved in aspects of the website benefit in some way. So we have a series of ideas for ads, promotions to show off in the mag and that revenue would be for the magazine contributors.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I am very interested, also would be willing to contact those I know in the education field here in the US and specifically in So. California. My ex-wife is from Zacatecas Mex. and I am now currently doing the page layout and pre-press work for E.S.S.A.A.'s "Journal" (Empire State Supervisors and Administrators Association) here in Up-State New York.

I have been in Commercial printing and Graphic Design for over 35 years and also do layout for several other organizations.

PM me if you'd like to further this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.