PDA

View Full Version : iPod Mini Freezes iTunes! Help!

wootang71
Oct 24, 2005, 08:54 PM
i have an iPod mini i bought in july, it has the latest updates installed and using the iTunes 6.0.1, or whatever iTunes it was that just came out. anyway, my ipod mini has a tendency to freeze while playing music when i switch between songs. and i plugged it into my pb today using usb, and it froze itunes, and it gives the finder a hard time. i can't access the music content of it at all. any advice? please help!

mad jew
Oct 24, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well, start by using the iPod Updater Software to do a Restore. This will erase everything on the iPod though, so try to get files off of it first if you have any.

Unfortunately, the same thing was happening to me and eventually it just died so I took it in for a replacement. The hard drive had failed. Hopefully yours is okay though. Try to Repair Disk from the Disk Utility in your Utilities folder (within Applications). :)

wootang71
Oct 24, 2005, 11:08 PM
yeah, i'd try the disk utility, but just plugging the ipod mini into my pb makes the damn thing freeze. the finder goes all slow, itunes just stops. but when i unplug the ipod, everything magically goes back to normal. are there any magic witch dances that fix ipods? i don't wanna go to some apple store just to have some clown tell me my ipods broken. help! please!

mad jew
Oct 24, 2005, 11:11 PM
Delete your iPod preferences, named com.apple.iPod.plist for a start. Sorry, but I spent a good six months trying to fix mine and just ended up getting it replaced last week (replacement yet to arrive). I had exactly the same symptoms. Sorry, it's not looking good. :o

For what it's worth, let the iPod cool off overnight and then try Disk Utility in the morning.

wootang71
Oct 25, 2005, 01:13 AM
ok, disk repair says that the volume could not be repaired because of an error on exit. i tried it 3 times and no repair. i seriously don't want to talk to any apple store goons, so i'm kinda bummed on the whole deal. any other tips before i go?