PDA

View Full Version : "Hillbilly Armor" for iPods

clayj
Oct 24, 2005, 09:30 PM
Does anyone else think it's embarassing that so many iPod owners, particularly nano and iPod Gen5 owners, have had to resort to "hillbilly armor" for their iPods?

Seriously, I keep reading threads here where people have gone to Staples, Office Depot, etc. and are improvising PDA screen protectors into something usable for their (super-scratchable) iPods, since Apple offer NOTHING in their stores for the new players.

C'mon, Apple, let's start having iPod protectors available THE SAME DAY that new iPods are released.

iDM
Oct 24, 2005, 09:33 PM
Does anyone else think it's embarassing that so many iPod owners, particularly nano and iPod Gen5 owners, have had to resort to "hillbilly armor" for their iPods?

Seriously, I keep reading threads here where people have gone to Staples, Office Depot, etc. and are improvising PDA screen protectors into something usable for their (super-scratchable) iPods, since Apple offer NOTHING in their stores for the new players.

C'mon, Apple, let's start having iPod protectors available THE SAME DAY that new iPods are released.

I could have sworn the day i bought my ipod in the accessories section there was an option to add screen protectors. All my attempts to find them have been to no avail.

katie ta achoo
Oct 24, 2005, 09:35 PM
But... Hillbilly Armor just show how creative and resourceful the Mac community is as a whole!

Uhm.. that's it!

Yeaa!

Also, I'm cheap. I'd use Hillbilly Armor even if they did have real cases.
YEA!

:D

devilot
Oct 24, 2005, 09:40 PM
But... Hillbilly Armor just show how creative and resourceful the Mac community is as a whole!

Uhm.. that's it!

Yeaa!

Also, I'm cheap. I'd use Hillbilly Armor even if they did have real cases.
YEA!

:DDon't worry, Katie, I'm with you! I like my altoids' tin thank you very much... although I did buy a nano specific protective decal thing. But it really does express creativity, resourcefulness, and economic efficiency. ;)

katie ta achoo
Oct 24, 2005, 09:42 PM
Don't worry, Katie, I'm with you! I like my altoids' tin thank you very much... although I did buy a nano specific protective decal thing. But it really does express creativity, resourcefulness, and economic efficiency. ;)

Thaaattt's right!

Recycling or something!

*Internet Forum High Five!*

Demon Hunter
Oct 24, 2005, 09:51 PM
I don't know about that, but the quality of Apple's cases continues to disappoint. And they only mark them up, what, 75%?

Aarow
Oct 24, 2005, 09:53 PM
HillBilly armour? Resourcefulness(Opera needs spell checker) is more like it. I know I wouldn't spend 20-30 bucks on a case, I'd just put it in that little pocket in my jeans.

P.S. My desktop is your avatar ClayJ:cool: .

Demon Hunter
Oct 24, 2005, 09:59 PM
HillBilly armour? Resourcefulness(Opera needs spell checker) is more like it. I know I wouldn't spend 20-30 bucks on a case, I'd just put it in that little pocket in my jeans.

P.S. My desktop is your avatar ClayJ:cool: .

That's hot, where can I get it? :D

maxterpiece
Oct 24, 2005, 10:09 PM
saran wrap

katie ta achoo
Oct 24, 2005, 10:16 PM
saran wrap

YES!!!
Now we're talking..

STORE-BRAND saran wrap! :)

devilot
Oct 24, 2005, 10:33 PM
Could have sworn that I read on MR that somebody uses tape of some sort.

Chacala_Nayarit
Oct 24, 2005, 10:48 PM
I thought this thread was going to be on a new burlap sack iPod armor, or Carhartt iPod protector. Shucks. :p

2nyRiggz
Oct 24, 2005, 10:59 PM
im hoping the apple store have some sort of case tomorrow...im tired of waiting on them damn tubes......

Bless

iDM
Oct 24, 2005, 11:19 PM
Could have sworn that I read on MR that somebody uses tape of some sort.

My iPod shuffle is covered completely in tape. Since i have yet to find a reasonably priced clip for the shuffle(i mean i have seen one that puts the ipod parallel to your waist band which i think would definitely get in the way when working out, all of the other clip cases are way over priced for what you get. So i said screw it and covered it in tape. Now no sweat gets in and no scratches on it! As soon as a company releases a product that appear to be functional non-bulky will not put my ipod at a weird angle and is priced reasonably considering the contents and a slight profit margin then i will not buy a case and will continue to use tape.

I'd buy a martin fields cover for my new 5g right now but they are out of stock and only on their Availability waiting list, meaning when it's available i will not even get an email. I think i'm going to be forced to buy an invisibleshield so that i will be able to use my iPod within a reasonable time, without having to worry about scratches.

whalesalad
Oct 25, 2005, 01:21 AM
I second the seran wrap (yeah I cnat sepll) but its hard as @#%! to get on nice and smooth. I like that term, hillbilly armor. Rofl!