PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what kind of laptop S. Jobs has?

Greenone
Oct 24, 2005, 11:26 PM
Think he has the latest PB (I'm sure he has many)?

OutThere
Oct 24, 2005, 11:30 PM
Assuming he's not using one of the first Mactel Powerbooks, I'd guess he probably has the best G5 (Dual-Dual) at his desk, with either a 12 or 15 inch powerbook for being on the road. The 17" just isn't ideal for someone who travels.

katie ta achoo
Oct 24, 2005, 11:32 PM
I remember reading in the company memo when he was in the hospital for pancreatic cancer treatment, he said he was typing it from a 17" PowerBook using AirPort express. memo ("http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jobsmemo.html)

OutThere
Oct 24, 2005, 11:39 PM
I remember reading in the company memo when he was in the hospital for pancreatic cancer treatment, he said he was typing it from a 17" PowerBook using AirPort express. memo ("http://www.thinksecret.com/news/jobsmemo.html)

Maybe I'm wrong then...

Come to think of it he probably has one of each, synchronized with eachother, so that he can choose whatever size fits his schedule. :D

katie ta achoo
Oct 24, 2005, 11:44 PM
Ooo.. G5 PowerBook maybe?

naw, he can still walk and hasn't been set on fire recently.

Josh396
Oct 24, 2005, 11:45 PM
I was just going to point that out until I saw you had.

katie ta achoo
Oct 24, 2005, 11:48 PM
I was just going to point that out until I saw you had.

I'm a fast lady!

ok no, I'm just an apple nerd with GooOoogle in her safari. :p

p0intblank
Oct 25, 2005, 01:37 AM
I actually forgot all about Steve's surgery until you posted that link. I remember reading about it a while ago, but I wasn't a Mac user back then so it wasn't really a huge deal to me (please don't take that the wrong way). Thank God he is alright, though. It's not everyday you're diagnosed with a rare disease like that one... but all is good now. :)

Chaszmyr
Oct 25, 2005, 01:40 AM
I'm a fast lady!

Say that loudly in a public place and see what kind of response you get ;)

Chundles
Oct 25, 2005, 01:52 AM
It's a Dell Inspiron 5000 running Windows ME. 64MB shared RAM and a 15 GB HDD. Celeron 633MHz. 14" 1024x768. USB 1.1, VGA out, mono speaker.

Michael Dell sent him one this year and said it was the latest and greatest from their company. This is the reason Steve hasn't throttled the folks at Freescale - he thinks his other laptop (brand new 17" PowerBook) absolutely destroys Dell's best.

Chundles
Oct 25, 2005, 01:54 AM
I'm a fast lady!

ok no, I'm just an apple nerd with GooOoogle in her safari. :p

Heh, but now what are you going to do without Greenspan?

chucknorris
Oct 25, 2005, 02:08 AM
This is the reason Steve hasn't throttled the folks at Freescale - he thinks his other laptop (brand new 17" PowerBook) absolutely destroys Dell's best.

Oh! So that's why...

PCMacUser
Oct 25, 2005, 03:05 AM
I actually forgot all about Steve's surgery until you posted that link. I remember reading about it a while ago, but I wasn't a Mac user back then so it wasn't really a huge deal to me (please don't take that the wrong way). Thank God he is alright, though. It's not everyday you're diagnosed with a rare disease like that one... but all is good now. :)
Yeah cancer affects many millions of people around the world every day. Perhaps Steve or Apple should start supporting cancer research like Lance Armstrong does. (Lance is sponsored by AMD).

A quick search for 'Apple' and 'Cancer' produces results suggesting that apples reduce the risk of colon cancer. Hmm I wonder how that works. I'm glad I bought a 12" iBook...

aussie_geek
Oct 25, 2005, 03:19 AM
I reakon he'd have a 12 inch PowerBook.

Why doesn't someone email Apple and ask?

aussie_geek

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 08:51 AM
It's a Dell Inspiron 5000 running Windows ME. 64MB shared RAM and a 15 GB HDD. Celeron 633MHz. 14" 1024x768. USB 1.1, VGA out, mono speaker.

Michael Dell sent him one this year and said it was the latest and greatest from their company. This is the reason Steve hasn't throttled the folks at Freescale - he thinks his other laptop (brand new 17" PowerBook) absolutely destroys Dell's best.

Hah, I bet that is the reason indeed. :) ;)

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 08:53 AM
I reakon he'd have a 12 inch PowerBook.

Why doesn't someone email Apple and ask?

aussie_geek

Go ahead.

Or maybe, you should just give them a call. ;) :)

katie ta achoo
Oct 25, 2005, 09:04 AM
Heh, but now what are you going to do without Greenspan?
Cry myself to sleep every night.

Say that loudly in a public place and see what kind of response you get ;)
*yelling*
I'M A FAST LADY!!

Hey, where'd all these hotel room keys come from?? :confused:

devilot
Oct 25, 2005, 09:17 AM
Come to think of it he probably has one of each, synchronized with eachother, so that he can choose whatever size fits his schedule. :DI was thinking more like, Steve probably has some lackey who just hauls that 17" beast around for him! :eek:

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:19 AM
*yelling*
I'M A FAST LADY!!
Will the thread be over if, instead of yelling, you sing?

No, wait, I'm not sure the word was "fast"... something close... can't remember...

I'd guess Stevo uses a 15" PB. Sweet spot of size/performance.

As far as the 17" memo... (a) maybe just because he couldn't use a desktop, he used a big PB; (b) maybe heat therapy was required after his surgery; (c) maybe we're all assuming he actually was using it instead of simply saying he was....

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:20 AM
Cry myself to sleep every night.
If he retires, he'll be able to take you to prom. I'd've thought that would make you happy, not sad. ;)

katie ta achoo
Oct 25, 2005, 09:22 AM
Will the thread be over if, instead of yelling, you sing?

No, wait, I'm not sure the word was "fast"... something close... can't remember...

I'd guess Stevo uses a 15" PB. Sweet spot of size/performance.

As far as the 17" memo... (a) maybe just because he couldn't use a desktop, he used a big PB; (b) maybe heat therapy was required after his surgery; (c) maybe we're all assuming he actually was using it instead of simply saying he was....

Ah, heat therapy.
that's what powerbooks are good for.

and who you calling fat?
you are as big as the moon!

and I thought I was taking you to prom! *sobs*

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 09:22 AM
If he retires, he'll be able to take you to prom. I'd've thought that would make you happy, not sad. ;)

What a "hot" date he would make. ;) :)

katie ta achoo
Oct 25, 2005, 09:23 AM

No, that's if I take a G5 PowerBook :D

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:24 AM
Ah, heat therapy.
that's what powerbooks are good for.

and who you calling fat?
you are as big as the moon!

and I thought I was taking you to prom! *sobs*
Oh, no, I wasn't calling you fat! Just mixing up my sayings. ;) I'd prefer that you remain a fast lady. :)

And I guess I just assumed that Greenie would bump me off the list. Which is really sad, as I'd found that $5 tux and I'd already bought the 4GB white nano....

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 09:25 AM

Very true, my apologies. :)

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:26 AM
Nah... those ears of his act as excllent thermal dissipators, much like those of elephants.

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:27 AM
Actually, with an anticipated battery life of 12 seconds, the G5PB would be quite cold at prom, sadly enough....

katie ta achoo
Oct 25, 2005, 09:27 AM
Oh, no, I wasn't calling you fat! Just mixing up my sayings. ;) I'd prefer that you remain a fast lady. :)

And I guess I just assumed that Greenie would bump me off the list. Which is really sad, as I'd found that $5 tux and I'd already bought the 4GB white nano....

Greenie?
Is that dmw007's nickname now?

I'll still take the Nano. :D :cool: :cool:

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 09:31 AM
Nah... those ears of his act as excllent thermal dissipators, much like those of elephants.

LOL :D

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:32 AM
Greenie?
Is that dmw007's nickname now?

I'll still take the Nano. :D :cool: :cool:
I assumed that's how you referred to Alan in private.

Oh dear God, get the image out of my head! :eek:

And yeah right, you'll take the nano. Have Algae (my nickname for him, now that he'll be taking you) buy you one... or the company.

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 09:33 AM
Actually, with an anticipated battery life of 12 seconds, the G5PB would be quite cold at prom, sadly enough....

I am sure that it could at least squeeze in
about 15 minutes of operating time. ;)

dmw007
Oct 25, 2005, 09:34 AM

Ya, that is just *slightly* an unpleasant thought. :eek: ;)

jsw
Oct 25, 2005, 09:40 AM
I am sure that it could at least squeeze in
about 15 minutes of operating time. ;)
Tempted to make crude comment there... nah.

katie ta achoo
Oct 25, 2005, 12:39 PM

And yeah right, you'll take the nano. Have Algae (my nickname for him, now that he'll be taking you) buy you one... or the company.

Dood. He's all..
old...
and not a Mac user! :p

I'm glad to know that other people think that KT + lecherous old man = :eek:
I'm not alone in this! hahaha

jer2eydevil88
Oct 25, 2005, 01:24 PM
A better question would be what kind of notebook does Steve Wozniak use... Anyone think he's still plugging away on ppc hardware or is using a freeOS on an x86 platform?

wordmunger
Oct 25, 2005, 01:26 PM
The 17" just isn't ideal for someone who travels.

... unless you have "people" to carry your Powerbook for you, along with your own private jet!

devilot
Oct 25, 2005, 01:29 PM
... unless you have "people" to carry your Powerbook for you, along with your own private jet!That's what I said in post 18. :p

katie ta achoo
Oct 25, 2005, 01:30 PM
That's what I said in post 18. :p

Great minds think alike! :p