PDA

View Full Version : [iPad Mini] Full Size Keyboard for iPad Mini

badman89
Apr 17, 2013, 07:05 AM
Hi guys, can you please recommend a good full-size keyboard for my iPad mini? I'm not interested in the mini keyboards.

I own a 11" Macbook Air, and I think that the keyboard on it is perfect for me. Can you suggest a similar keyboard for my iPad mini? Thanks!

Jessica Lares
Apr 17, 2013, 07:06 AM
How about the Apple wireless one? It's not that much bigger than the Mini.

badman89
Apr 17, 2013, 07:45 AM
How about the Apple wireless one? It's not that much bigger than the Mini.

Yes, that would be the obvious choice, but it's pretty expensive! I was wondering if there were any cheaper options.

Any idea if it's worth buying a knock-off from eBay like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard-for-Apple-iPad-2-iPhone-4-4S-Tablet-Mac-PC-Silver-/120849862473?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Jessica Lares
Apr 17, 2013, 09:09 AM
Yes, that would be the obvious choice, but it's pretty expensive! I was wondering if there were any cheaper options.

Any idea if it's worth buying a knock-off from eBay like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard-for-Apple-iPad-2-iPhone-4-4S-Tablet-Mac-PC-Silver-/120849862473?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Don't buy a knockoff from China. If you like the look, use Amazon as a guide and read some reviews You'll get better results. You don't want to buy non-brand electronics, you'll just get stuck. They are horrible quality anyway.

Handle
Apr 17, 2013, 10:11 AM
Just get the Apple wireless keyboard. It's $50 well spent. It will be the closest thing to your MacBook Air's keyboard.

$50 spent once is cheaper than $$30 spent two or three times replacing a crappy keyboard. I've been pounding away on the Apple wireless keyboard that came with my 2009 iMac for 4 years now and it still feels like new.

TyPod
Apr 17, 2013, 11:42 AM
Just get the Apple wireless keyboard. It's $50 well spent. It will be the closest thing to your MacBook Air's keyboard.

I agree with this. In the long run it will probably be cheaper than trying to make knock-offs last as long as a genuine Apple Keyboard would.

vmaniqui
Apr 17, 2013, 04:33 PM

$50 spent once is cheaper than $$30 spent two or three times replacing a crappy keyboard. I've been pounding away on the Apple wireless keyboard that came with my 2009 iMac for 4 years now and it still feels like new.

yes, statement is true. i always believe in the saying "you get what you pay for". check your local CL as they have a better deal.

opinio
Apr 23, 2013, 05:03 AM
Hi guys, can you please recommend a good full-size keyboard for my iPad mini? I'm not interested in the mini keyboards.

I own a 11" Macbook Air, and I think that the keyboard on it is perfect for me. Can you suggest a similar keyboard for my iPad mini? Thanks!

apple bluetooth keyboard