Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graveyard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Romania
I recently found a Leadtek A250 graphics card. It's a GeForce 4Ti 4400. My question is, has anyone flashed this kind of card to work on a G4? I have found a modified rom for it, but i thought it might be better to ask for feedback from you guys. I want to use it in a Quicksilver dual 800Mhz G4. If i flash the thing, i'll make a backup of the original rom it has, just in case something goes wrong. I'd really like to see this card working in my G4, even though this means i'll have to give up on my ADC display and use another one. The GeForce 2MX i have in the machine now is ok but kinda slow. Since the 4Ti is the last one that has support in MacOS9, i'd really want it in there especially since i have tons of classic software and the Ati 9800 is a no go on OS9.

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
If clocks on leadtek card do match ones in ROM (or are higher), you may flash using 4400 ROM from TME and it should work OK. Otherwise you'll get corrupted video.
Altering clocks is possible but it requires manual ROM edits in hex editor. More in TME wiki.

Graveyard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Romania
If clocks on leadtek card do match ones in ROM (or are higher), you may flash using 4400 ROM from TME and it should work OK. Otherwise you'll get corrupted video.
Altering clocks is possible but it requires manual ROM edits in hex editor. More in TME wiki.

So your advice is to check the frequencies before i do anything to the card, right? Is there a program i might use on a pc to check those frequencies?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.